The Student Room Group

should online classes really be called off next week?

some of my teachers are saying online school will be called off next friday to "keep kids away from screens" but this is kind of pointless imo cause theyre gonna be on screens anyway so like-
Reply 1
I know what you mean. If school was off next week...I would still have to use a screen so it won't change for me personally. Also is last week not the last week of term before half-term so I can't really see the point?
Original post by Ryanlmao
some of my teachers are saying online school will be called off next friday to "keep kids away from screens" but this is kind of pointless imo cause theyre gonna be on screens anyway so like-

For me that simply seems like teachers who can't be asked/are too tired to do online lessons so they need an excuse or something else (but I'm not going to say what that something else is).
What y'all get a week off I dont :frown:. Yeah that does seem pointless i think they should just do shorter 'learning' time. For example we go through a powerpoint for like 1 hr 30 mins sometimes and i am just not learning. Idk why all of my classes cannot just do 20-30mins of a powerpoint then the rest of the time do something more productive?
Yeah we get a lesson off once a week for ‘enrichment’ aka time away from screens (but most people are just going to be on their phones anyway?)
At least they’re thinking about it and trying :dontknow:
atleast they're trying
Original post by Ryanlmao

It's called teachers being lazy and not particularly caring about the kids.
In most cases anyway.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending