Should the small nationalist parties merge together/a new 'celtic' party be formed?

Watch
Quady
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by MatureStudent37)
There are significant differences between civil servants and SPADs.

Think of the series ‘the thick of it.’ Malcolm Tucker was a SPAD, not a civil servant.

The key is who pays the pension.
OK, you know as well as I do my question wasn't about SPADS. My question was/is, which civil servants aren't impartial in SG.

I asked if you were referring to the SPADs as by design they aren't.

So who did you mean if you weren't referring to SPADs...?

Edit
As an aside, the Cabinet Office seems to think the civil service pays for SPADs pensions....

https://assets.publishing.service.go...l_Advisers.pdf
Last edited by Quady; 3 weeks ago
Rakas21
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Point of order but Tucker is an MP in The Thick Of It, the SPAD's are the two guys.

The fat woman doing the press was the civil servant.
Quady
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Rakas21)
Point of order but Tucker is an MP in The Thick Of It, the SPAD's are the two guys.

Director of Comms, pretty sure he wasn't an MP.

https://thethickofit.fandom.com/wiki/Malcolm_Tucker
MatureStudent37
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago

SPAD. He may have become an MP at some point, but was employed by the PM/party as an enforcer. Not a civil servant.

What we’ve see in Holyrood is the SNP appointing malleable civil servants into position and then using them in internal investigations.

SNP MEP gets accused of wrongdoing and then to give a facade of decency ends of investigating itself and finds no wrong doing done.

It’s like being in the mafia and going to court when you’ve tampered with the judge and the jury.
Quady
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
What we’ve see in Holyrood is the SNP appointing malleable civil servants into position and then using them in internal investigations.

SNP MEP gets accused of wrongdoing and then to give a facade of decency ends of investigating itself and finds no wrong doing done.
Can you be more specific?

Which MEP was investigated and which SG Civil Servant was brought into that investigation?
Rakas21
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
The lovely and impartial SNP and Greens just voted not only to not allow Alex Salmond to provide evidence but to prevent it being released even if redacted.

#Lovely and impartial Sants.
MatureStudent37
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
The lovely and impartial SNP and Greens just voted not only to not allow Alex Salmond to provide evidence but to prevent it being released even if redacted.

#Lovely and impartial Sants.
I saw.

I suspect we’ll be seeing a court challenge or maybe even somebody accidentally leaving it on the bus.

I’m intrigued to find out what ScotGov is trying to hide and who Nicolas going to throw under to bus.

My moneys on Leslie Evans and her husband .

There’s quite a few useful idiots in the party though.
Quady
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago

Which MEP was investigated and which SG Civil Servant was brought into that investigation?

Or was that fake news...
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Which of these would you use to help with making uni decisions?

Webinars (62)
12.89%
Virtual campus tours/open days (112)
23.28%
Live streaming events (44)
9.15%
Online AMAs/guest lectures (46)
9.56%
A uni comparison tool (109)
22.66%
An in-person event when available (108)
22.45%