The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 120
Original post by Yotsuha
Can anyone who's going for the 03 March session ask if there are any plans to continue in-person lectures/teachings or are online teachings still going to take place when the term starts in September? Much Appreciated :smile:

From the offer holder event, I'm pretty sure they said it depends on what happens later on but they're more than likely to continue in person for most things but they also will continue online in certain areas that have been working better than in person. I forget things way too easily so it'd be useful f someone else can add on anything I missed.
Original post by isgrayxxxxxx
Had a look and thinking about east village in the city centre. Made a list of around 5 accommodations which I love and will decide closer to the time. What about everyone else?

Has anyone thought of going to private student accommodation? A friend of a friend told me he didn't get any of his 8 choices and got put in a tumbledown building miles away and so had to change and a few You Tubers have also said it's quite random. There are various companies that do private in the same buildings as the Uni and so I'm wondering what the disadvantages are (other than longer contracts). I've found another one that is brand new, £185/wk but £400 off and 44 week contract, but has a gym, garden, social space, massive kitchen and organises events? What's the catch...? I appreciate it's a lot of money, but I can't see any 21/22 fees yet from the Uni yet, so the current prices may rise and at least the room would be my choice and guaranteed.
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by PDQ2003
Has anyone thought of going to private student accommodation? A friend of a friend told me he didn't get any of his 8 choices and got put in a tumbledown building miles away and so had to change and a few You Tubers have also said it's quite random. There are various companies that do private in the same buildings as the Uni and so I'm wondering what the disadvantages are (other than longer contracts). I've found another one that is brand new, £185/wk but £400 off and 44 week contract, but has a gym, garden, social space, massive kitchen and organises events? What's the catch...? I appreciate it's a lot of money, but I can't see any 21/22 fees yet from the Uni yet, so the current prices may rise and at least the room would be my choice and guaranteed.

did your friend apply by the deadline for accommodation and firm Bristol?
Original post by pwk123

yh I heard that if u firm them then u are guranteed an accommodation, but if u put them as insurance then they can't guarantee accommodation.
Original post by pwk123

Yes they did. The Accommodation Officer told me there's no advantage to applying early either, as they all got sorted after the closing date. I'm a W so am used to getting dealt with last and am worried the best halls will be full by the time they get to me.

The guarantee is that they will find you a room, not that you necessarily get your choice.
Original post by PDQ2003
Yes they did. The Accommodation Officer told me there's no advantage to applying early either, as they all got sorted after the closing date. I'm a W so am used to getting dealt with last and am worried the best halls will be full by the time they get to me.

you are a W?
whats that sorry?
Original post by pwk123
you are a W?
whats that sorry?

surname
Original post by Bigreshe
surname

"Selections are randomised within fixed criteria: student preference, gender, nationality, school type, faculty." from Bristol's website
Original post by pwk123
"Selections are randomised within fixed criteria: student preference, gender, nationality, school type, faculty." from Bristol's website

na g u asked what W was. So i said ahahaa
Reply 131
Original post by Bigreshe
na g u asked what W was. So i said ahahaa

I think they're just saying accommodation isn't given based on alphabetical order
Reply 132
Original post by PDQ2003

Which accom is this?
Original post by H_u17
Which accom is this?

I think it's this? https://www.nidostudent.com/locations/bristol/nido-bristol/ensuite-apartments-2021-22-mh/

I'm not sure though - this site does say its a 51wk contract, but everything else matches their description.
(edited 3 years ago)
Does anyone know what the actual start date is?? Track says sept 1st but seems v v early
Original post by Cameronmac13
Does anyone know what the actual start date is?? Track says sept 1st but seems v v early

http://www.bris.ac.uk/university/dates/

'Welcome week' I'm guessing is freshers so the 20th September
Original post by indie.sxnds
I think it's this? https://www.nidostudent.com/locations/bristol/nido-bristol/ensuite-apartments-2021-22-mh/

I'm not sure though - this site does say its a 51wk contract, but everything else matches their description.

Sorry haven't been on here for a few days. Yes my surname starts with a W and yes it's Nido. I've spoken to them now and they do have 44 week contracts, but the weekly price is higher. There are early bird discounts up for grabs though. Has anybody seen the 21/22 prices from the Uni yet as I've heard they put their prices up every year.
Reply 137
Original post by PDQ2003
Sorry haven't been on here for a few days. Yes my surname starts with a W and yes it's Nido. I've spoken to them now and they do have 44 week contracts, but the weekly price is higher. There are early bird discounts up for grabs though. Has anybody seen the 21/22 prices from the Uni yet as I've heard they put their prices up every year.

All the prices are on their website if you just search up Bristol accommodation and on the individual pages for different accoms they have the prices!
Original post by PDQ2003

Ah fairs, thats expected with the higher prices for shorter contracts. 21/22 accommodation prices for Bristol's halls are on their website already, but applications don't open until May - so prices could change anytime from now until applications open.
Joined the club 😎

Latest

Trending

Trending