rsen1324
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 months ago
I'm trying to achieve an A* in A-level maths, and have a question about the textbook questions. My teachers say that I should only answer the questions that I think will challenge me (so not every single question ) and aren't obvious, so as not waste time. However I have heard others say that I should answer every single question of every exercise, regardless of how easy it is, because it's good to get to the point in maths where a question is so easy, you get bored of doing it.
What do I do?
CJField
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by rsen1324)
I'm trying to achieve an A* in A-level maths, and have a question about the textbook questions. My teachers say that I should only answer the questions that I think will challenge me (so not every single question ) and aren't obvious, so as not waste time. However I have heard others say that I should answer every single question of every exercise, regardless of how easy it is, because it's good to get to the point in maths where a question is so easy, you get bored of doing it.
What do I do?
no point in doing easy questions. just do as many hard / medium difficulty questions as possible. Doing easy questions won't teach you anything and probably won't help in the exam
Tammie2345524
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
I'm in year 13, and do A level maths too (predicted A*). It depends - I usually just go straight to the harder questions in a textbook if I think I'm already good at the topic. If I'm struggling with those questions, I'll go back to the easier questions. If it's a topic I know I need to work on more, I'll start with the easier questions.

Try doing all the questions. If you feel like you're wasting your time because the questions are too easy, skip to the more challenging questions.
CJField
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
unless your learning something for the first time. Easy questions are only there for people who either have just learnt the topic or can't do the hard questions
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Poll: What factors affect your mental health most right now? Post-lockdown edition

Anxiousness about restrictions easing (55)
6.08%
Uncertainty around my education (101)
11.17%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (97)
10.73%
Lack of purpose or motivation (112)
12.39%
Lack of support system (eg. teachers, counsellors, delays in care) (44)
4.87%
Impact lockdown had on physical health (49)
5.42%
Social worries (incl. loneliness/making friends) (100)
11.06%
Financial worries (62)
6.86%
Concern about myself or my loves ones getting/having been ill (41)
4.54%
Exposure to negative news/social media (56)
6.19%
Difficulty accessing real life entertainment (26)
2.88%
Lack of confidence in making big life decisions (87)
9.62%
Worry about missed opportunities during the pandemic (74)
8.19%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise