Articultr
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 months ago
Sorry not sure if i'm posting in the right area but I need some advice regarding looking for placement year jobs. I'm in my first year studying biomedical science but i don't know too much about placement years and how to find somewhere. I wouldn't be doing it until after my second year but i want to start looking and be prepared! My uni has a website where they post different job opportunities but I've noticed they only post jobs in the same city.

Is it common for people to move somewhere else for their placement year? My uni's city is very expensive to live in and i'd rather look for somewhere more up north or stay in my hometown as i'd be able to live with my parents and save money. How would i go about finding a placement year in different areas of the country? Thanks!
mike23mike
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by Articultr)
Sorry not sure if i'm posting in the right area but I need some advice regarding looking for placement year jobs. I'm in my first year studying biomedical science but i don't know too much about placement years and how to find somewhere. I wouldn't be doing it until after my second year but i want to start looking and be prepared! My uni has a website where they post different job opportunities but I've noticed they only post jobs in the same city.

Is it common for people to move somewhere else for their placement year? My uni's city is very expensive to live in and i'd rather look for somewhere more up north or stay in my hometown as i'd be able to live with my parents and save money. How would i go about finding a placement year in different areas of the country? Thanks!
You are starting early. There is a 'placement officer' whose sole job is to liaise with companies across the UK and even in Europe to find placements for the students. Early in the second year, the whole placement process will be explained to you. Nothing stopping you from looking for a placement yourself in your home town. The NHS offer placements to Biomed students. They are a bit busy now with Covid but this time next year would be ideal to reach out to them to see if they have placements in your local hospital.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (98)
39.36%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (29)
11.65%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (18)
7.23%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (57)
22.89%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (30)
12.05%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (17)
6.83%

Watched Threads