Anonymous #2
Report 2 months ago
Offer for Psychology. Eng Lang, Sociology and Psychology 3xA*s and A* in EPQ. Would love to firm Bristol but the student satisfaction is incredibly low for Psychology. Anybody know why? Anyone else worried about this?
DuckOnQuack
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Holding an unconditional offer for BSc Management with Study Abroad. I have AAA in Classics, History and Music. Super excited to go, first person from my family to go to study in the South. Heard the fish and chips are shite.

Signed,
Northerner.
Anonymous #2
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by DuckOnQuack)
Holding an unconditional offer for BSc Management with Study Abroad. I have AAA in Classics, History and Music. Super excited to go, first person from my family to go to study in the South. Heard the fish and chips are shite.

Signed,
Northerner.
Congrats and you heard right!
DuckOnQuack
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Offer for Psychology. Eng Lang, Sociology and Psychology 3xA*s and A* in EPQ. Would love to firm Bristol but the student satisfaction is incredibly low for Psychology. Anybody know why? Anyone else worried about this?
How low is incredibly low?
Anonymous #3
Report 2 months ago

Signed,
Northerner.
Congrats! When did you receive this offer?
DuckOnQuack
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Congrats! When did you receive this offer?
So I was on hold since Oct 28th, received the offer on Thursday.
Anonymous #2
Report 2 months ago
How low is incredibly low?
33% say course is well organised and runs smoothly. 60% overall satisfied with course. It’s pretty appalling. 80% + is average to good I would say. Loads more examples if you Google ‘ratings for University of Bristol Psychology’
ayana8
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Hey I have an offer for Psych and I'm thinking of firming. I have no idea why student satisfaction is so low though. I heard normally in city uni's student satisfaction is lower but I have no clue why
oliviap010303
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by rohanbrooksie)
yhhh i got an offer for econ n maths
Yayyy!! You're the first I have found doing my course! Congrats! Are you thinking of firming Bristol?
username5519272
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by oliviap010303)
Yayyy!! You're the first I have found doing my course! Congrats! Are you thinking of firming Bristol?
yeah conveniently i got rejected from the lse today so most likely ill firm it, i got offers from bath and bristol but i think bristol is slightly better, wbu?
SamJ2000
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Worrying seeing all the offers from Bristol, Business Degree
Haven’t heard anything back as yet.

Crossing my fingers but i guess it’s looking unlikely. Did anyone apply at the end of Jan?
Last edited by SamJ2000; 2 months ago
oliviap010303
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by rohanbrooksie)
yeah conveniently i got rejected from the lse today so most likely ill firm it, i got offers from bath and bristol but i think bristol is slightly better, wbu?
I got offers from Bristol, Birmingham, York and Exeter and was rejected from Oxford. It was always between Bristol and Exeter, but I have decided to firm Bristol, it is slightly better than Exeter in this course.
SamJ2000
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
I got offers from Bristol, Birmingham, York and Exeter and was rejected from Oxford. It was always between Bristol and Exeter, but I have decided to firm Bristol, it is slightly better than Exeter in this course.
Are you taking Business?
oliviap010303
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by SamJ2000)
Are you taking Business?
Maths and Economics
SamJ2000
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Maths and Economics
Good luck, hope all goes well
Anonymous #2
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by ayana8)
Hey! I'm Ayana and I have an offer to study Psychology! I do Biology, Psychology & Geography at A-Level!
Hi Ayana, I got an offer for Psychology. English Lang, sociology and psychology a levels. Can I ask, are you put off by the very low student satisfaction scores for Bristol Psychology? Are you going to firm Bristol? I’m still waiting for Bath and Edinburgh. What are your other options?
ayana8
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Hi Ayana, I got an offer for Psychology. English Lang, sociology and psychology a levels. Can I ask, are you put off by the very low student satisfaction scores for Bristol Psychology? Are you going to firm Bristol? I’m still waiting for Bath and Edinburgh. What are your other options?
Hi! Yeah it is really putting me off because my other choice to firm is Bath which has MUCH higher ratings in practically every category and I don't know why. Also, the optional modules for Bath seem more varied (like Bath offer units in Organisational psych , educational psych etc which bristol doesn't seem to offer) and so I don't know whether I will firm Bristol or not. I have an offer from bath and bristol and I could make my decision soon but I don't know what to pick. What about you?
aashray1998
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
HeyI have an offer from Bristol for M.Sc. in Public Health. Going to start on Sep '21. I really want to make a few friends before I leave for UK
Anonymous #2
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by ayana8)
Hi! Yeah it is really putting me off because my other choice to firm is Bath which has MUCH higher ratings in practically every category and I don't know why. Also, the optional modules for Bath seem more varied (like Bath offer units in Organisational psych , educational psych etc which bristol doesn't seem to offer) and so I don't know whether I will firm Bristol or not. I have an offer from bath and bristol and I could make my decision soon but I don't know what to pick. What about you?
I’m waiting to hear from Bath and Edinburgh still. Many congrats on your Bath offer. I have offers from KCL and UCL but really don’t think I can afford London. Bristol would be great if it wasn’t for those scores. Don’t know how to get a truthful answer as to the reasons for them... x
ayana8
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
I’m waiting to hear from Bath and Edinburgh still. Many congrats on your Bath offer. I have offers from KCL and UCL but really don’t think I can afford London. Bristol would be great if it wasn’t for those scores. Don’t know how to get a truthful answer as to the reasons for them... x
Congrats on your offers! Hopefully the other two come back soon. Do you think you'll pick Bath or Bristol? I have no clue either I'm trying to find a psych student at Bristol to speak to but I can't seem to find anyone :/
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (102)
40.16%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (29)
11.42%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (18)
7.09%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (58)
22.83%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (30)
11.81%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (17)
6.69%

Watched Threads