RS1810
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 months ago
I am currently choosing my GCSE subjects I would like to be a GP/doctor out of the following subjects which 4 should I take?
Art, Business, DT, Health and Social, Food and Nutrition, ICT, Media, Music, PE, Performing Arts, RE, Triple Science, Sport.
Thank you
studygirl388
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
I think science is definitely the most important for that, so I'd say triple science 100%. Food and Nutrition and PE could both be helpful also I guess as being a GP you will need to understand nutrition and give dietary advice, PE would help as I think you learn about the human body and injuries etc.? But I'm not too sure on that and I think you should check the subject specification with the teacher. As for the others, I'd say pick whatever you enjoy most as you're more likely to excel in what you enjoy, and high grades are pretty important as medical degrees are competitive. I'm not a GP/doctor or studying to be one though so this is just some general advice from what I know. I'd say definitely ask the teachers if you can for advice. Good luck with your studies!
RS1810
Rep:
?
(Original post by studygirl388)
I think science is definitely the most important for that, so I'd say triple science 100%. Food and Nutrition and PE could both be helpful also I guess as being a GP you will need to understand nutrition and give dietary advice, PE would help as I think you learn about the human body and injuries etc.? But I'm not too sure on that and I think you should check the subject specification with the teacher. As for the others, I'd say pick whatever you enjoy most as you're more likely to excel in what you enjoy, and high grades are pretty important as medical degrees are competitive. I'm not a GP/doctor or studying to be one though so this is just some general advice from what I know. I'd say definitely ask the teachers if you can for advice. Good luck with your studies!
thank you
nicole.babeyy
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
From what you have said I think you should take, Health and social, food and nutrition, triple sciences and sport
Skatie
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
Defo think triple science, health and social, food and sport. Unless there's another subject you really like and don't want to limit your future choices.
RS1810
Rep:
?
(Original post by nicole.babeyy)
From what you have said I think you should take, Health and social, food and nutrition, triple sciences and sport
thank you
mnot
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
(Original post by RS1810)
I am currently choosing my GCSE subjects I would like to be a GP/doctor out of the following subjects which 4 should I take?
Art, Business, DT, Health and Social, Food and Nutrition, ICT, Media, Music, PE, Performing Arts, RE, Triple Science, Sport.
Thank you
So you basically want to keep the option to study medicine at uni open.
Which will require chemistry Alevel & probably biology and perhaps maths or physics.

Basically take as much science & maths as you can. After that it doesn’t really matter. You’ll also need English.

Id say definitely triple science after that whatever you’d enjoy.

ecolier
TuesdayA
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
Thank you
Triple science is probably the best then consider Health and Social, PE, RE, Sport or Food Tech but really as long as you are passionate and get good grades in the other 3 that should be great!
username4942066
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
Thank you
Triple science and health and social care would be helpful. But it’s a good idea to take something like history or geography too so it keeps your options open
RS1810
Rep:
?
(Original post by Buddingdentist08)
Triple science and health and social care would be helpful. But it’s a good idea to take something like history or geography too so it keeps your options open
thanks
RS1810
Rep:
?
(Original post by TuesdayA)
Triple science is probably the best then consider Health and Social, PE, RE, Sport or Food Tech but really as long as you are passionate and get good grades in the other 3 that should be great!
thanks
Constell
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
Should I take triple or combined
RS1810
Rep:
?
(Original post by Constell)
Should I take triple or combined
i think triple would be best, but you could take combined as,
combined = 2 GCSEs
triple = 3 GCSEs
Constell
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
i think triple would be best, but you could take combined as,
combined = 2 GCSEs
triple = 3 GCSEs
Thanks I actually just did my form right. And I picked triple. Thanks for your input
RS1810
Rep:
?
(Original post by Constell)
Thanks I actually just did my form right. And I picked triple. Thanks for your input
no problem
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (18)
7.35%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (37)
15.1%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (44)
17.96%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (35)
14.29%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (64)
26.12%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (47)
19.18%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed