0 offers!

( no, I'm not irritated haha )
Last edited by m75; 4 weeks ago
lmgreynolds
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I heard back from Durham (Ancient History) today!! Such a relief. I do already have my results though - saying that, I thought I might be given a rejection as I was told they take PS v seriously. I applied on the 29th of Jan so a surprisingly fast response. Still waiting to hear back from Edinburgh, St Andrews, UCL and KCL though ! Best of luck to everyone and maybe see some of you later this year :-D x
something_orphic
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by lmgreynolds)
I heard back from Durham (Ancient History) today!! Such a relief. I do already have my results though - saying that, I thought I might be given a rejection as I was told they take PS v seriously. I applied on the 29th of Jan so a surprisingly fast response. Still waiting to hear back from Edinburgh, St Andrews, UCL and KCL though ! Best of luck to everyone and maybe see some of you later this year :-D x
congrats!!!I I am sure your PS was perfectly fine clearly as you got in I hope you get offers from the rest of your unis. Best of luck.
lmgreynolds
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by something_orphic)
congrats!!!I I am sure your PS was perfectly fine clearly as you got in I hope you get offers from the rest of your unis. Best of luck.
Thank you so much !! :-))). It's definitely given me a sense of relief and hope for my other unis. Same goes to you, good luck !
angusgmoncrieff
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Congrats!! You should be so proud of yourself. If you wouldn't mind, could you possible share your stats
lmgreynolds
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by angusgmoncrieff)
Congrats!! You should be so proud of yourself. If you wouldn't mind, could you possible share your stats
Thank you, that's so kind! It's more of a relief than anything :-D. I'll just put everything:

GCSEs - 987776665 (missed a lot of Y9, 10 +11 and was ill during - was happy ish with all but two of the 6s)
A levels - History (A*), Classical Civilisation (A*) and Politics (A*).
Applied: 29th Jan 2021
I'm also care experienced but for Durham that doesn't seem to make a huge difference (as opposed to Scottish unis where it does).
As I said, I think I must've got an offer early because of having my results already. Good luck if you're still waiting, I'm sure you'll get contacted soon!! I still have a few to go .
sb_0808
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by emma543)
I'm waiting on Bath too!
ooooh what course? I'm waiting for design engineering
sb_0808
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by something_orphic)
The course is International Politics & German so i thought stupidly not many people apply to it so i would get a response quickly HA nope. Wbu.
I applied for design engineering and I'm refreshing my email cause I just wanna know at this point 😂 I doubt I'm going to put Bath as my firm or insurance but I'd still like to know!
emma543
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by sb_0808)
ooooh what course? I'm waiting for design engineering
Psychology ☺️
sb_0808
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by emma543)
Psychology ☺️
ooooh interesting
something_orphic
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by sb_0808)
I applied for design engineering and I'm refreshing my email cause I just wanna know at this point 😂 I doubt I'm going to put Bath as my firm or insurance but I'd still like to know!
Yeah im refreshing my email as well. I feel like i have come this far i want to know noww.
Tashax2
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by angusgmoncrieff)
I've had offers from Bristol, Exeter, and Leeds.

Just waiting on Edinburgh, and St Andrews.

Which uni do you think you'll firm?
What have you applied to do at Leeds? I’ve been waiting for ages
parmezanne
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
this time last year I heard back from Cardiff, Essex, Sussex and Portsmouth, and I was waiting on Warwick.

am I a first-year trying to scrape into the year 13 chat? yes I am. :woo:
nogoodusersleft
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by sy!¡)
i live in oxford, if you don’t know where that is, it’s pretty close to london

wbu?
I don't think I've ever heard Oxford described as close to London before!
lmgreynolds
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by nogoodusersleft)
I don't think I've ever heard Oxford described as close to London before!
It's only 45 mins - an hour by train !! Relatively close x
nogoodusersleft
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
It's only 45 mins - an hour by train !! Relatively close x
I live in Oxford, I don't know why London feels so far away, maybe because they're so different!
angusgmoncrieff
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Tashax2)
What have you applied to do at Leeds? I’ve been waiting for ages
I applied for History. I sent in my application on the 18th and heard back on the 24th. Best of luck!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling being back in school?

Happy (52)
24.19%
Unhappy (56)
26.05%
Conflicted (107)
49.77%

Watched Threads