zainbutt15
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 months ago
Hi All!

This question is just regarding any courses that are available for 2021 physiotherapy entry.

Im in year 13 right now and I have already chosen my firm and insurance offers. My firm is Oxford Brookes and my insurance is Wolverhampton so by default, because of my predicted grades, I will most likely end ups in Wolverhampton but I have now decided I don't want to spend my uni life there.

Instead, I looked into which physiotherapy courses were available for 2020 entry last year and physio was popular in St Georges Uni and MMU. Before I applied through ucas I longed to go to MMU because I love Manchester as a city and also the course was just the most suited to me out of every other physiotherapy course in the country.

For these reasons and others, when I get my results on results day I want to phone every single university that has physiotherapy for clearing 2021 especially MMU.

My question is, if MMU give me an informal offer over the phone, what is the process to put this into track and also how do I go about rejecting my Wolverhampton choice?

Is anybody else having this same plan or considering it or just me haha

Many thanks,
Zain
maxiecatlea
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
Hiya,

Just wondering - have you used all 5 choices already? You might be able to apply for MMU through Track if you haven't. If you liked them best, how come you didn't apply through UCAS in your original application? I think there are a few places around that had clearing spaces in 2020 so you're likely to have some kind of choice. How do the grades for MMU compare to your current choices? I think if you want to change your choices, you'll need to contact UCAS directly. What is it that has put you off Wolverhampton uni?
zainbutt15
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 months ago
hi, i just think i’m not suited to the location of wolverhampton itself to be honest. also, i didn’t apply to mmu because i didn’t have the grades unfortunately so i’m still going to see what i can do
Manchester Metropolitan University
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
(Original post by zainbutt15)
Hi All!

This question is just regarding any courses that are available for 2021 physiotherapy entry.

Im in year 13 right now and I have already chosen my firm and insurance offers. My firm is Oxford Brookes and my insurance is Wolverhampton so by default, because of my predicted grades, I will most likely end ups in Wolverhampton but I have now decided I don't want to spend my uni life there.

Instead, I looked into which physiotherapy courses were available for 2020 entry last year and physio was popular in St Georges Uni and MMU. Before I applied through ucas I longed to go to MMU because I love Manchester as a city and also the course was just the most suited to me out of every other physiotherapy course in the country.

For these reasons and others, when I get my results on results day I want to phone every single university that has physiotherapy for clearing 2021 especially MMU.

My question is, if MMU give me an informal offer over the phone, what is the process to put this into track and also how do I go about rejecting my Wolverhampton choice?

Is anybody else having this same plan or considering it or just me haha

Many thanks,
Zain
HI zainbutt15 :hello:

Unfortunately, we cannot confirm if our BSc(Hons) Physiotherapy course will be open to applications during the clearing process, as it may become full before that time.

If you have been accepted to study at a different university and you no longer wish to take up your place, you will need to release yourself in your UCAS track. You can do this by by using the ‘decline your place’ button in Track. You should only use this button if you no longer wish to take up your place at your firm choice.

You will need to call our clearing helpline on results day to find out if we have any places left on the course, if we offer you a place place at Manchester Met through clearing, you will need to add the course as your clearing choice on UCAS within a limited time period, please note you can only add the choice if you have been given permission by the university.

You can find more information on the UCAS website for the clearing process.

I hope this helps!

Best wishes
Carly
mch2021
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
Do you think physio will go into clearing for Wolverhampton ?!? I’ve applied for a different course but I’ve now decided I want to do physiotherapy and I’d want to go there
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (15)
6.76%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (34)
15.32%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (38)
17.12%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (34)
15.32%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (59)
26.58%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (42)
18.92%

Watched Threads