Medicine UCAS Clearing for 2021 entry *updated 10/8 11.15am* Only UCLan + Bucks atm

Watch this thread
This discussion is closed.
sb6318
Badges: 7
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by gpcr1997)
So basically as long as you have a UCAT >2620, and are either a grad with a 2:1 or AAA at A-level you can apply. They usually offer interviews on a first come first-served basis. It can take a while to process the application hence the wait.
thank you!
B_$_9
Badges: 5
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by nonall)
that’s so unfortunate, but may I ask why are you considering taking gap year when you are not planning to apply for medicine? almost all of the courses are offered via clearing rn.
damn. I feel sorry for you man. I was rejected this year for all my medicine offers as well despite getting interviews from 2 unis. I'm thinking of just taking a gap year and reapplying to study medicine if it don't get a place. if I don't, I'm thinking of just studying biomedical science at St Georges. it's a shame those unis have missed out on an exceptional student like you.
Med1Day
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
I been waiting on their call for additional information since yesterday morning. I tried calling them today and after 40mins of waiting they ended the call from their end. Which I assume was a mistake then recalled straight after waited for 30mins until it past 4 and no one picked up.
Has anyone been waiting for their call since yesterday?
Victoria_lmr
Badges: 6
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Med1Day)
I been waiting on their call for additional information since yesterday morning. I tried calling them today and after 40mins of waiting they ended the call from their end. Which I assume was a mistake then recalled straight after waited for 30mins until it past 4 and no one picked up.
Yes I’m in the same situation!
Med1Day
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Victoria_lmr)
Yes I’m in the same situation!
So frustrating when some people have already had their interviews submitted. Just makes me that much more worried and anxious
Victoria_lmr
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
So frustrating when some people have already had their interviews submitted. Just makes me that much more worried and anxious
Yeah same 🥺
lucasxtan
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
I’m in the same boat too! Got a text yesterday morning and confirmation email this morning, but no call from them. I’m super confused cause I’m not sure if we didn’t make it or they’re still going through our application
Alex2803
Badges: 8
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by lucasxtan)
I’m in the same boat too! Got a text yesterday morning and confirmation email this morning, but no call from them. I’m super confused cause I’m not sure if we didn’t make it or they’re still going through our application
Just to be sure, all of you that are waiting for a reply have already got your grades isn't it
LaRiennee
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
Yep still waiting and I applied at around 9ish yday, I meet their UCAT and grade requirements so it’s just a matter of yes/no…
B_$_9
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
wait have you guys got your results already? don't you wait until August?
asclepeion
Badges: 14
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by B_$_9)
wait have you guys got your results already? don't you wait until August?
This is early clearing for St George's. If you already have your grades (e.g. gap year or post-degree) then you can apply before main clearing which opens on A-level results day.
B_$_9
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
oh I see. I thought some schools already released their results. thank you very much for clearing it up
lucasxtan
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Alex2803)
Just to be sure, all of you that are waiting for a reply have already got your grades isn't it
Yes, I’ve already gotten my grades! I’m an intl student
TCL
Badges: 18
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by B_$_9)
oh I see. I thought some schools already released their results. thank you very much for clearing it up
IB results were out yesterday.
gpcr1997
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
Been offered an interview. Waiting for the call to book it!
B_$_9
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
Good luck
cadburychocolate
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
Message for those who took Autumn exams.
My Son sat Chem because he got a B in his CAG's. He managed to get an A which means he has AAA overall. He applied yesterday to St Georges clearing and got the text that they need to call him to clarify some information. He waited till 1pm and heard nothing then phoned them at which point they explained that UCAS was still showing AAB. He phoned UCAS to correct this but UCAS does not update the system apparently, which is very odd. So he phoned St Georges again and has now sent them a copy of his certificate which they seem to be fine with. Now just hoping he gets an interview!
Bubblemind200
Badges: 10
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
Good luck! May I ask what your ucat score was if you don't mind sharing?
gpcr1997
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Bubblemind200)
Good luck! May I ask what your ucat score was if you don't mind sharing?
Thank you! So I applied with a UCAT of 2680 and a 1st in my Human Biology degree 😊. Good luck! Honestly, if you don’t get an interview this year - DO NOT GIVE UP! If you work hard to meet the requirements and work hard on the UCAT you will get in eventually! I had an offer for medicine when I was 18, but missed my grades.. Retook a year and reapplied - didn’t get it. Applied in the last year of my degree and didn’t get in, but been offered an interview now. If you really want it, you will get it eventually! 😃
LaRiennee
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
Good luck! Hope it goes well
X
Back
to top
Latest

How are you feeling about your SQA results?

They're better than I expected (15)
36.59%
They're what I expected (11)
26.83%
They're worse than what I expected (15)
36.59%

Watched Threads