Good game to play after Sekiro.

Watch
EthanolC2_H5_OH
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
I loved Sekiro but I am not sure what to play now ive'd platinum'd it. I heard fallen order is pretty good but im not sure. Also Dark souls, another fromsoft game, but i've heard its unpolished and clunky in alot of areas.
Gofre
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by EthanolC2_H5_OH)
I loved Sekiro but I am not sure what to play now ive'd platinum'd it. I heard fallen order is pretty good but im not sure. Also Dark souls, another fromsoft game, but i've heard its unpolished and clunky in alot of areas.
Dark Souls was pretty much the second game in the subgenre that the series pioneered, with games of this style literally now referred to as being a soulslike. As an early effort made almost a decade ago, it's inevitably going to be a little rough around the edges as the developers (and broader subgenre) really found their feet. Its two sequels, Dark Souls II and III received far more universal acclaim. Other games that can be described as strictly soulslikes include The Surge (sci-fi), Bloodborne (gothic horror, PS exclusive), Fallen Order, Ashen (fantasy), Code Vein (post-apocalyptic/anime), Darksiders 3 (dark fantasy, very different to DS and DS2 in gameplay), Hellpoint (scifi/horror), Immortal Unchained (scifi/horror, ranged combat focused), Let It Die (scifi/anime), Lords of the Fallen (fantasy), Mortal Shell (horror/fantasy), Necropolis (fantasy, procedurally generated), Nioh & Nioh 2 (Japanese fantasy), and Remnant From the Ashes (dark fantasy, looter, ranged combat focused).

Branching out from this specific style of game, have a look at Metroidvania and Roguelike games, which are typically 2D but with similar tropes to soulslikes like an emphasis on boss battles and significant consequences for death. They predate soulslike as a gaming trope, but since its popularity has exploded over the last decade, many MV/RL games have started to adopt elements of SLs like punishing difficulty curves and scavenging resources from your last body.
Gabbalicious
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
If you're looking for something similar to Sekiro I'd highly recommend Bloodborne.
EthanolC2_H5_OH
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Gabbalicious)
If you're looking for something similar to Sekiro I'd highly recommend Bloodborne.
Yea I dont have a playstation so not happening unfortunately
DR.DOOM
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Please, play CrossCode. Its a 2d RPG puzzle game that I played after beating Sekiro. The two games have small similarities, but they are difficult and worth the playthrough. They both made my 2020 as the best games of that year
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Which of these would you use to help with making uni decisions?

Webinars (58)
13.33%
Virtual campus tours/open days (100)
22.99%
Live streaming events (39)
8.97%
Online AMAs/guest lectures (41)
9.43%
A uni comparison tool (100)
22.99%
An in-person event when available (97)
22.3%