My predicted grades are bad can I still go to a grammar school still ?

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
Hi I am currently taking five GCSEs and I got predicted a 4 in physics 5 in maths 5 in English language 6 in biology and 6 in chemistry. So I predicted between 4-6 in my GCSEs basically. I really want to go to a grammar school for sixth form and study Alevel maths , ethics and philosophy and economics. I applied for a place in grammar school two to three months ago. I worried I won’t get in because grammar schools only offer you places based on your Predicted grades and reference the school gives you. Is there anywhere I can still get the offer for grammar schools? I know my grades are just average and but is there still a chance?
_faizahh
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
I attend a grammar school, and the sixth form entry requirements are quite high - they expect at least 7 GCSEs at grade 7 or above. Of course it will vary for different sixth forms, but I'm assuming most will be similar. But don't give up - those are just your predicted grades, so if you work hard in the next few months you could achieve higher!
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
(Original post by _faizahh)
I attend a grammar school, and the sixth form entry requirements are quite high - they expect at least 7 GCSEs at grade 7 or above. Of course it will vary for different sixth forms, but I'm assuming most will be similar. But don't give up - those are just your predicted grades, so if you work hard in the next few months you could achieve higher!
Thank you for your encouragement and I do hope I get offered that place at grammar school I just need a grade 6 in English and grade 7 in maths to do all the subjects I want to do. Do you know what I can do to improve my grades because I need to get a grade higher predicted for me in English and two grades higher predicted for me for maths. Please tell me what you did to improve your grades?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What factors affect your mental health the most right now?

Anxiousness about lockdown easing (67)
4.66%
Uncertainty around my education (222)
15.45%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (155)
10.79%
Lack of purpose or motivation (205)
14.27%
Lack of support system (eg. teachers, counsellors, delays in care) (63)
4.38%
Impact of lockdown on physical health (83)
5.78%
Loneliness (129)
8.98%
Financial worries (49)
3.41%
Concern about myself or my loves ones getting/having been ill (65)
4.52%
Exposure to negative news/social media (68)
4.73%
Lack of real life entertainment (74)
5.15%
Lack of confidence in making big life decisions (124)
8.63%
Worry about missed opportunities during the pandemic (133)
9.26%

Watched Threads