The Student Room Group

My predicted grades are bad can I still go to a grammar school still ?

Hi I am currently taking five GCSEs and I got predicted a 4 in physics 5 in maths 5 in English language 6 in biology and 6 in chemistry. So I predicted between 4-6 in my GCSEs basically. I really want to go to a grammar school for sixth form and study Alevel maths , ethics and philosophy and economics. I applied for a place in grammar school two to three months ago. I worried I won’t get in because grammar schools only offer you places based on your Predicted grades and reference the school gives you. Is there anywhere I can still get the offer for grammar schools? I know my grades are just average and but is there still a chance?
Reply 1
Original post by _faizahh
I attend a grammar school, and the sixth form entry requirements are quite high - they expect at least 7 GCSEs at grade 7 or above. Of course it will vary for different sixth forms, but I'm assuming most will be similar. But don't give up - those are just your predicted grades, so if you work hard in the next few months you could achieve higher! :smile:

Thank you for your encouragement and I do hope I get offered that place at grammar school I just need a grade 6 in English and grade 7 in maths to do all the subjects I want to do. Do you know what I can do to improve my grades because I need to get a grade higher predicted for me in English and two grades higher predicted for me for maths. Please tell me what you did to improve your grades?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending