Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 4 months ago
not a question or anything, just wanted to share my feelings. i just really miss my school. like really f***ing miss it. i've been at the same school since year 3 all the way till the end of sixth form (which was cut short due to the virus), and I just started uni this year. these past 6 months at uni have been the absolute worst months of my life and I never thought i would say this but i really miss my school. I used to look forward to leaving the school but now i would do anything to go back i just miss it so much. i didnt appreciate it at the time and i really took it for granted. even writing this post im in tears. i dont know why i miss it so much, but i do. i miss everything about it, even though at the time i really disliked it. i would do anything to go back
mnot
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
not a question or anything, just wanted to share my feelings. i just really miss my school. like really f***ing miss it. i've been at the same school since year 3 all the way till the end of sixth form (which was cut short due to the virus), and I just started uni this year. these past 6 months at uni have been the absolute worst months of my life and I never thought i would say this but i really miss my school. I used to look forward to leaving the school but now i would do anything to go back i just miss it so much. i didnt appreciate it at the time and i really took it for granted. even writing this post im in tears. i dont know why i miss it so much, but i do. i miss everything about it, even though at the time i really disliked it. i would do anything to go back
Well you can't unfortunatly.

If only we new it was the good old days, when we were in the good old days.

TBH after the pandemic you can still go out with your mates from school, my best friends to this day are my old school mates (and im in my mid-20s).
Now isnt really a great time to compare, we're in the pandemic so everything is just messed up. Find stuff to look forward to, goals, ambitions, events etc.

A year from now you might feel very differently, post pandemic you can start to enjoy adult independence.
chloenix
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
Before you know it you'll be in your 20s with a job and you'll regret not making the most out of your university experience, so instead of missing school, you should make the most of what will soon also become the good old days.
studygirl388
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
I can relate to this. I wasn't at the same school for that long but I think due to the chaos that's going on at present, it's very easy to reminisce over the normality of the past. University is much more independent so I'd just suggest focusing on your well-being as much as you can. Do things you enjoy and try not to keep up this association of the past being better than your present. This may be true in some ways, but you can turn it into a positive.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (223)
43.39%
I'm worried that I'm not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (58)
11.28%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (39)
7.59%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as 'lesser' because I didn't take exams (108)
21.01%
I don't think that receiving these grades will impact my future (58)
11.28%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (28)
5.45%

Watched Threads