bob122333
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 months ago
I NEED AN ANSWER BY 9PM TODAY AS THATS THE DEADLINE FOR A LEVEL CHOICES
I will do Economics, Maths and an EPQ at A level.
Im having difficulty deciding between History and Physics A level for my last option - it is likely i will get a 9 in both at GCSE
I enjoy them the same but there are cons for both
History will be a lot of essay writing and i am worried that i will be having to write essays in EPQ, economics and history
Physics is equations, and practicals that I dont really enjoy

WHAT SHOULD I DO?PLSSSSSS
tedibare
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
I do both history and epq aswell, epq is only for a year and you are only required to do 1 essay so it really isn’t much, whereas history is a lot more essay writing. Choose which one you think you would enjoy more. If it’s the essay writing that’s putting you off for history, trust me you’ll get used to it as long as you enjoy the content you’re learning. I’d recommend history as I hate physics 😅
Last edited by tedibare; 4 months ago
a.christiana
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
Physic it’s a better combination. That what college like to see. Good combination but it also depends on what you wanna be when you are older.
tedibare
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by a.christiana)
Physic it’s a better combination. That what college like to see. Good combination but it also depends on what you wanna be when you are older.
Really?? My combination did not make sense at all since I only picked subjects I enjoyed but I still got into sixth form
a.christiana
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by tedibare)
Really?? My combination did not make sense at all since I only picked subjects I enjoyed but I still got into sixth form
Probably depends what college as many of mine chose people with the best combination that make sense and If they want you but don’t like the combination they will give ideas on what to change it to.
sb_0808
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by bob122333)
I NEED AN ANSWER BY 9PM TODAY AS THATS THE DEADLINE FOR A LEVEL CHOICES
I will do Economics, Maths and an EPQ at A level.
Im having difficulty deciding between History and Physics A level for my last option - it is likely i will get a 9 in both at GCSE
I enjoy them the same but there are cons for both
History will be a lot of essay writing and i am worried that i will be having to write essays in EPQ, economics and history
Physics is equations, and practicals that I dont really enjoy

WHAT SHOULD I DO?PLSSSSSS
Physics A Level is my hardest A Level atm and I wouldn't recommend you take it if you don't have to for your future degree choice. Some parts are really interesting and some topics you really zone out. There is a lot of maths and equations basically but if you are doing maths a level it would really help in Physics because they overlap in the mechanics chapter. Hope this helps
ohnojay
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
I do physics and history. I definitely found physics the hardest to get to grips with and I had to put in a lot more effort into physics than my other A levels. There's a lot of linking within topics for the exam questions and I sometimes didn't even know how to start a question. History isn't hard to understand but if you're okay with essay writing you'll be fine, if you're not confident with essay writing then you will have to spend more time on it.

If you're memory and essay writing skills are alright I would recommend history more tbh but it's ultimately your choice with what you find easier / what career you want to go into.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (74)
37.76%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (20)
10.2%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (13)
6.63%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (48)
24.49%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (25)
12.76%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (16)
8.16%

Watched Threads