Cardio/bulking

Watch
JRoyFanboy
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
Hi,

Been trying to bulk for about two months now and just starting to see some effects. Just been doing standard weightlifting exercises on alternate days.

However, went out for about an hour today, was walking pretty quickly for about 40-45 mins and jogging for 15-20 mins overall. Was just wondering, is this level of cardio recommendable if I want to bulk? Or will it inhibit my muscle growth through burning too many calories? I take in around the advised number of calories per day for a male.

Thanks in advance for any responses.
Last edited by JRoyFanboy; 3 weeks ago
Dax_Swagg3r
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
If you are trying to bulk while weightlifitng, taking in the recommended kcals for a man isn't gonna cut it. Use a tdee calculator to estimate your tdee and eat ~300 above that.
JRoyFanboy
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Dax_Swagg3r)
If you are trying to bulk while weightlifitng, taking in the recommended kcals for a man isn't gonna cut it. Use a tdee calculator to estimate your tdee and eat ~300 above that.
Cheers, yeah that was a mistake tbh I reckon I’m probably taking in around 3000 so about 500 more than recommended. Do you think this is ok?
DFGH1
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by JRoyFanboy)
Cheers, yeah that was a mistake tbh I reckon I’m probably taking in around 3000 so about 500 more than recommended. Do you think this is ok?
if you want real progress, try train more days and make sure you eat 3000+ by using somet like myfitnesspal. Personally I do a 6 day split and ate 3200 calories but I'm gonna have to increase it when gyms open. Make sure its clean tho or you'll get fat and u should get around 1 gram protein per lb of bodyweight. Cardio will make no difference or even make u lose muscle so I wouldn't unless you want to. Also take creatine
Dax_Swagg3r
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by JRoyFanboy)
https://tdeecalculator.net/
enter your details here
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Which of these would you use to help with making uni decisions?

Webinars (58)
13.33%
Virtual campus tours/open days (100)
22.99%
Live streaming events (39)
8.97%
Online AMAs/guest lectures (41)
9.43%
A uni comparison tool (100)
22.99%
An in-person event when available (97)
22.3%