Big 4 fully qualified chartered accountant - AMA

Watch
zcf18
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Hi and thanks for all your answers. How did you find the corporate finance role that you're moving into?
Obuni
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
(Original post by zcf18)
Hi and thanks for all your answers. How did you find the corporate finance role that you're moving into?
Hey man, no worries! I found it through a recruitment company
Ebadur345
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
What things did u do other than internships/placements to make ur CV stand out?
Clunkierspade23
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
Hey there,
I was wondering if you could provide some advice.I graduated with an accountancy degree recently so I'm on the job hunt although I have serious worries. I started looking at the content of ACCA exams that I qualify for an exemption in and I do t remember a lot of my course.I've started reading over notes from the begining of the course but there's so much I genuinely don't remember or the uni course didn't cover in great detail.I'm worried about getting a job and being incompetent because I can't remember so much. It's become a serious worry for meDo you have any advice
Last edited by Clunkierspade23; 6 days ago
Obuni
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 days ago
(Original post by Ebadur345)
What things did u do other than internships/placements to make ur CV stand out?
That was it really. Did sports and some other extra curricular stuff as well such as a small business.
Obuni
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 days ago
(Original post by Clunkierspade23)
Hey there,
I was wondering if you could provide some advice.I graduated with an accountancy degree recently so I'm on the job hunt although I have serious worries. I started looking at the content of ACCA exams that I qualify for an exemption in and I do t remember a lot of my course.I've started reading over notes from the begining of the course but there's so much I genuinely don't remember or the uni course didn't cover in great detail.I'm worried about getting a job and being incompetent because I can't remember so much. It's become a serious worry for meDo you have any advice
Hey,

Don't worry about it. Most people that join the accountancy profession in the UK don't even have a degree in it. So you will be among people who have never done accounting or tax in their life! In the big 4, the counteract this by ensuring that you do the core tax and accounting exams from scratch, even if you qualify for an exemption.

I would suggest you take the core accounting exams you have exemptions for to relearn to content. However, as I said, do not worry about not knowing the content because your peers probably wouldn't have done accounting at all.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Following the government's announcement, do you think you will be awarded a fair grade this year?

Yes (596)
49.13%
No (617)
50.87%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise