blurting/blank sheet method help!

Watch
einelibelle
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
im struggling with the blurting/blank sheet method and i dont know how people use it as their main memory method! when i ask people they just say they read and then write but i cant remember anything when i read.. ive made cue cards and im writing on the whiteboard whilst reading from the cue cards but it takes me really long to actually have memorised the whole thing, can somebody help me? ;(

laurawatt
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
if it doesn't work for you then it doesn't work for you :dontknow: I'd move on and try another methodI find it's a lot easier to memorise things/concepts etc. when I properly understand them - obviously I don't know what you're trying to memorise so this might not apply, but do you fully understand what you're memorising?
einelibelle
Rep:
?
(Original post by laurawatt)
if it doesn't work for you then it doesn't work for you :dontknow: I'd move on and try another methodI find it's a lot easier to memorise things/concepts etc. when I properly understand them - obviously I don't know what you're trying to memorise so this might not apply, but do you fully understand what you're memorising?
yes i do its just that i really dont know how people use it as their main revision method :/
laurawatt
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by einelibelle)
yes i do its just that i really dont know how people use it as their main revision method :/
neither :lol: my short term memory is shocking so I can never use any of these fast memorisation techniques
einelibelle
Rep:
?
(Original post by laurawatt)
neither :lol: my short term memory is shocking so I can never use any of these fast memorisation techniques
yes me too hahah hmph but i hope someone replies to this thread and actually explains how they use it!! it sounds like a great revision technique if you use it properly!
GrandMagpie26
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by einelibelle)
yes me too hahah hmph but i hope someone replies to this thread and actually explains how they use it!! it sounds like a great revision technique if you use it properly!
I have just started this method. I struggle a lot and after I'm finished I find im still missing info but the process of trying to member actually speeds up memorization so just wracking my brains for an answer helps me. Them later when you see what you haven't remember you can recap it/try again etc. Hope this helps but I've only just started so don't know how effective it will be but it is backed by science.
University of Liverpool Student Rep
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
Hi there,

I hope you’re well 😊
I think the key to revising is finding the revision method that works for you. I know for me, I HATE mind maps, but I know my best friend swears by them. It’s all about trial and error; and seeing which methods are better for you. Yes, this can be entirely frustrating, but if you feel that a revision method isn’t working for you – try to switch it up a bit!
There are multiple tests you can do online to determine what kind of ‘reviser’ you are. I know that I am a visual learner, so making posters and colour coding is what helps me remember things. Maybe it would be beneficial for you to take one of these tests to see what kind of learner you are? And from there, you’ll be able to choose the revision methods that are right for you.
I hope that helps – good luck revising!

Ana
University of Liverpool Rep.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you feel comfortable going back to school on March 8th?

Yes (318)
31.74%
No (684)
68.26%

Watched Threads