The Student Room Group

Travelling back to university to use the library

I'm studying from home currently but I'm finding it increasingly difficult to continue without access to my university library. Has anyone had experience or knows of anyone travelling to university in this most recent lockdown via train? I know lots of people who have returned to uni during lockdown but they have all gone via car and hence have had no risk of being stopped by the police. Does this count as essential travel, I'm worried that if I get stopped that it's at the whim of the police officer whether they decide to fine me or not. I've asked my university if they can provide me with some kind of approval letter.
You should email your university to check if your uni library is even open.
I travelled home from university this week with a suitcase and wasnt stopped by the police. In fact, the train was absolutely packed with people, most of them probably travelling for non-essential matters. If it essential for you to use the library to study then go.
Original post by Retsek
I'm studying from home currently but I'm finding it increasingly difficult to continue without access to my university library. Has anyone had experience or knows of anyone travelling to university in this most recent lockdown via train? I know lots of people who have returned to uni during lockdown but they have all gone via car and hence have had no risk of being stopped by the police. Does this count as essential travel, I'm worried that if I get stopped that it's at the whim of the police officer whether they decide to fine me or not. I've asked my university if they can provide me with some kind of approval letter.

You don’t need a letter.

Travelling to return to term time residence is a permitted reason.

20D8C17E-BCB2-4276-BBAB-1EC0E5B3764F.jpeg
Reply 4
Original post by PQ
You don’t need a letter.

Travelling to return to term time residence is a permitted reason.

20D8C17E-BCB2-4276-BBAB-1EC0E5B3764F.jpeg

could i please get a link to this, thanks
If you genuinely need to go for studying purposes and you have no other option, it should be okay, they are open for a reason! :smile:

Amit - Official Kingston Uni rep - Pharmacy Student

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending