The Student Room Group

Undergraduate Chinese Studies Applicants 2021

Scroll to see replies

hi! i’m considering starting chinese at exeter in 2021 but i’ve never studied it before. can anyone tell me if this is a good idea? or if it would be too hard?
hey! ive insured exeter for chinese and spanish in 2021 despite never studying chinese before. i’m planning on doing some online practice before i go so it’s not totally unknown but nothing crazy. the course should cater for absolute beginners but i guess it just depends on what type of challenge you want to give yourself! good luck with your decision <3
Original post by annnnnnalo
hey! ive insured exeter for chinese and spanish in 2021 despite never studying chinese before. i’m planning on doing some online practice before i go so it’s not totally unknown but nothing crazy. the course should cater for absolute beginners but i guess it just depends on what type of challenge you want to give yourself! good luck with your decision <3

thanks! what site/app are you going to use for online practice?
there’s a website called futurelearn which has a few online courses - i’m doing one on chinese culture at the moment that’s actually made by uni of exeter :smile:
Original post by liseyanne1000
thanks! what site/app are you going to use for online practice?

Hi liseyanne1000,

I am a current 3rd Year Chinese Studies Student at the University of Hull, I would be happy to try to answer any queries you may have. You can find me on Unibuddy or on our Ask a Student pages ( https://www.hull.ac.uk/study/ask-a-student ).

Good luck!

Chris
University of Hull Student Ambassador

Quick Reply

Latest