The Student Room Group

I think I might have depression

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous

i think those you list are just normal human emotions especially when you're a teenager
Original post by yeetouttawindow
i think those you list are just normal human emotions especially when you're a teenager

Might not be depression?
Might not be depression?

im not a doctor so i cant say
but imo you shouldn't self diagnose mental illnesses
Cheers

Original post by yeetouttawindow
im not a doctor so i cant say
but imo you shouldn't self diagnose mental illnesses

Ok
100%

Those capsules might be expensive. An easier alternative is to really clean up what you eat. When you feel good about what youre doing it makes you feel so much better. Although, having had depression myself, I know it will be really difficult to find any motivation out of literally anything, I think that if you just try to start eating healthily and maybe working out more then youll really start to dig out of that whole that youre in. Once you do one thing to make your life better then it starts to built momentum. Find new ways to calm yourself down when youre annoyed. I just used positive affirmations and reminding myself that no matter what, it will probably all be fine anyways. You dont want to wake up a few years from now still struggling from depression so any short term discomfort you might feel about telling your family or just letting your brother hear you on the phone will 100% be worth it. I promise you. Just ask yourself "whats the worst thing that could happen?", a joke? a little bit of ridicule? well at least you are doing whats best for yourself.
I think I might have it to an extent and im not completely sure. I just don’t know because its so embarrassing. My family always make jokes about people with depression or anxiety and getting counselling. I hear them when we're eating dinner and they make funny jokes out of all of it. I feel like mental health is so stigmatised.

Yeah my parents don’t understand depression that much. For someone who deals with depression if you have school councillors. If you need to talk you can always pm
Reply 26
Depression is only a mental illness that a professional can really diagnose but if you take a look at the 'DSM-5 classification of clinical depression' then you would be able to get an idea of the types of symptoms that it includes. However, just because you notice you have 1 or 2 symptoms doesn't particularly mean you have depression. Also to be diagnosed you need to have had these symptoms for over a long period of time say 6 months minimum.
Reply 27
i think i have depression because like every day i come home from school and cry and call myself ugly and i mean i am ugly but yea and then like i always get hurt like when i get in a realionship i always get hurt,played,used,or cheated on and like i dont get sleep that much anymore like i have not slept for like 3 weeks because i be up crying and looking back a pics and remembering how the guys that i dated treated me and like it hurts really bad likei just want someone that will treat me right and not just use me or play me or cheat on me
Reply 28
Yes a lot but I mean I all ready have it and it is scary

Quick Reply