The Student Room Group

Ofgem graduate scheme 2021

Hi everyone, was wondering if anyone is planning on applying for the ofgem 2021 scheme. Haven't seen a thread for it yet so I thought I'd make one!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Yes I am planing to apply as well. Need to write up and work my answers to the application questions. Sounds like such a great scheme
I applied for it on Friday; they got back to me asking for a video interview on Saturday!! Insanely fast response. I've done the video interview now hoping to hear if I'll advance to the next stage. Which locations will you guys be applying for? By the way, it does look like a great scheme!!
Reply 3
Oh wow amazing, that is super fast! Fingers crossed for you. I’m applying for London, how about you?
Original post by dc21
Oh wow amazing, that is super fast! Fingers crossed for you. I’m applying for London, how about you?

Thank you and same to you. I'm hoping to get Glasgow.
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by jokumu56102
I applied for it on Friday; they got back to me asking for a video interview on Saturday!! Insanely fast response. I've done the video interview now hoping to hear if I'll advance to the next stage. Which locations will you guys be applying for? By the way, it does look like a great scheme!!

Hi, congrats!!!!!! How many words did you write for each Q?
Original post by chemgrad1414
Hi, congrats!!!!!! How many words did you write for each Q?

Thank you. No guarantees I'll get it though lol. I wrote about two hundred words per question. You have a limit of 800, but I couldn't write anything near that! Where are you applying for?
Reply 7
I was wondering about the word count as well. 800 x4 questions is a lot! That’s good to know, I thought the same
London! I was planning to write 800 words every saturday and sunday LOL im soo glad i dont have to do that now it would have taken ages

Thank you. No guarantees I'll get it though lol. I wrote about two hundred words per question. You have a limit of 800, but I couldn't write anything near that! Where are you applying for?
London! I was planning to write 800 words every saturday and sunday LOL im soo glad i dont have to do that now it would have taken ages

Hahaha!! If you could write 800 words about working with others or motivation, I would say go for it! I just spent a couple of days writing what I felt was most expressive with the fewest amount of words possible. Good luck!!
Anyone else not heard back after applying to ofgem regarding the video interview
Original post by IBhopeful2000
Anyone else not heard back after applying to ofgem regarding the video interview

I applied last friday and havent heard back
Reply 12
I got an email this morning saying they may take a bit longer to review applications and video interviews because of a high number of applicants.
Are you all waiting to hear back from Ofgem after doing your video interviews? Or after your applications? I got the same email as @dc21. Hopefully, we'll hear back from them come next week.
Are you all waiting to hear back from Ofgem after doing your video interviews? Or after your applications? I got the same email as @dc21. Hopefully, we'll hear back from them come next week.

I got an email inviting me to the video interview this morning. I have to do it within 3 days. Does anyone have any tips? Is it something I can prepare for ?
Reply 15
I got that email as well. But haven’t yet received the second email with the info about the VI. I hope that comes through soon. Would also be interested if anyone had any preparation tips!
I got an email inviting me to the video interview this morning. I have to do it within 3 days. Does anyone have any tips? Is it something I can prepare for ?

I got an invitation to this too! I did the Ofwat one last week and I assume it's similar - I was asked to introduce myself and then three other questions about project management, why Ofwat and something else I can't remember etc so I guess it'll be the same/similar style with Ofgem. It's the same recruitment company!
Reply 17
Original post by KatyPiee
I got an invitation to this too! I did the Ofwat one last week and I assume it's similar - I was asked to introduce myself and then three other questions about project management, why Ofwat and something else I can't remember etc so I guess it'll be the same/similar style with Ofgem. It's the same recruitment company!

That's super helpful thank you! I was wondering how many questions there would be, that's not too bad. So worried for this one, I hate video interviews! Yeah I would have thought it would be quite similar to Ofwat as well - I'm still waiting to hear back from my initial application for that
Original post by dc21
That's super helpful thank you! I was wondering how many questions there would be, that's not too bad. So worried for this one, I hate video interviews! Yeah I would have thought it would be quite similar to Ofwat as well - I'm still waiting to hear back from my initial application for that

No worries! I was super stressed for the Ofwat one but it literally took less than 10 mins. I have little note cards of common questions like 'tell me about a time you problem solved' etc with bullet points using the STAR method which really helped. I'm still waiting to hear back from Ofwat about the video interview but got the classic 'we're really busy, COVID etc' hahah
Reply 19
Original post by KatyPiee
No worries! I was super stressed for the Ofwat one but it literally took less than 10 mins. I have little note cards of common questions like 'tell me about a time you problem solved' etc with bullet points using the STAR method which really helped. I'm still waiting to hear back from Ofwat about the video interview but got the classic 'we're really busy, COVID etc' hahah

Oh that’s actually pretty quick then! That’s a really good idea - perks of doing interviews virtually haha. Do you remember how long you get to answer each question by any chance?
Classic response haha, best of luck for you! Hope you get a response soon.

Quick Reply

Latest