What's this about?

Watch
Jsy78!
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 months ago
A person on my WhatsApp contact list profile seems different. I sometimes see their 'online' status but other times it doesn't show anything...
I never see her 'last seen'. Only nothing or 'online'
My understanding is you can turn it off so people cannot see your status, but I can see her 'online' but never last seen. Just 'online' or nothing.

Anyone know WhatsApp? Anyone know what this is all about?
EstelleA
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
That’s normal, that person probably switched off last seen but for everyone the online stays. Like you can switch it off but the online is always gonna be there, whatsapp doesn’t let you shut that off I think
Jsy78!
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 months ago
(Original post by EstelleA)
That’s normal, that person probably switched off last seen but for everyone the online stays. Like you can switch it off but the online is always gonna be there, whatsapp doesn’t let you shut that off I think
So I haven't been deleted from her contacts?
username5453336
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
no you havent been ignored. my mum has turned hers off
steveaitchison00
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
You can turn off your 'last seen' in the settings, to prevent people seeing when you were last online. However, WhatsApp doesn't allow you to turn off the 'online' notification.
A lot of people turn it off because they can't be bothered with "who were you talking to last night at 11pm?" or "why were you online earlier but you've not replied to my message?".
If you're using the 'last seen' function to keep tabs on someone, that's not healthy.
If they've blocked you then you won't be able to see their profile picture.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (23)
8.49%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (38)
14.02%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (46)
16.97%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (38)
14.02%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (79)
29.15%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (47)
17.34%

Watched Threads