Am I wrong for posting mess created by my house mates on my story so they clean it?

Watch this thread
Arold
Badges: 4
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
My house mates leave empty wrappers, full bins, and crockery out for days when they have plenty of time to clean it, sat in their own mess. Was it wrong of me to post their mess onto my story to ensure they clean it? (Which they did)
Anonymous #1
Report 1 year ago
no lol
username4838152
Badges: 20
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 year ago
I have seen how bad house mates can be and if you requested before for them to clean and they didn't then idk they kinda deserve it.
Arold
Badges: 4
Rep:
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
(Original post by something_orphic)
I have seen how bad house mates can be and if you requested before for them to clean and they didn't then idk they kinda deserve it.
Suppose that's the problem with my personality; I immediately feel bad when having to do things like this, and they went nuts over it, saying I was immature and it was massively disrespectful, but I feel it's even worse that they haven't changed for months and make me live in the mess, if anything that's the thing that's disrespectful.
username4986690
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
Seems fair to me, far better than my solution of putting their mess in their bed.
Foxehh
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
If they cant do something as simple as clean their living space, its probably deserved.
username4838152
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Arold)
Suppose that's the problem with my personality; I immediately feel bad when having to do things like this, and they went nuts over it, saying I was immature and it was massively disrespectful, but I feel it's even worse that they haven't changed for months and make me live in the mess, if anything that's the thing that's disrespectful.
I am the same. I start feeling really guilty and regretting speaking up for myself. It is very easy for us to tell people what to do/how to feel online but in real life its much more difficult to brush these feelings aside. I am here to tell you though you are in the right, they will get over it.

Can you move out next year with people a bit more tidy? (i would suggest this)

You aren't immature or disrespectful if anything they are as they are making you living in their mess without asking you or respecting your wishes. They haven't even made any attempts to change at least a bit of it or come to some sort of agreement for household chores. You cannot live like that.

Try not to feel bad. Hopefully they will not do it again. Also dw you are not alone i think a lot of people are having this problem. I would suggest definitely getting better housemates. Don't feel forced into living with people who are disrespectful just because you don't know anyone else. There are other options.
Anonymous #2
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Arold)
My house mates leave empty wrappers, full bins, and crockery out for days when they have plenty of time to clean it, sat in their own mess. Was it wrong of me to post their mess onto my story to ensure they clean it? (Which they did)
No it isn't wrong to post what they did, if you asked them to clean their mess up before. What they did was wrong and they should clean their mess up, especially as they have the time to do it. If they ask you to do it just because they can't be bothered, and you have no involvement in the mess, then don't help as that isn't very nice. You can help a bit if you want if they are really struggling but it is not your responsibility to clean up.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Has advance information helped during your exams?

Yes (132)
66.33%
No (45)
22.61%
I didn't use it to prepare (22)
11.06%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed