crufer
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
I'm selecting the IB courses I want to take in order to pursue law and so far I have:
HL English literature a
HL history
HL economics
HL business and management
SL math
SL Spanish b
SL science (still deciding on which one)
theory of knowledge

Should I choose between history and economics or is it better to do both? Also, what is the least time-consuming SL science?
ff.so
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Do not take four highers. Seriously, you'll only drop one after a few months and waste time. I'm year one and looking into going into law. I'm taking HL Politics, English and Maths, SL History, Biology and Italian. The good Unis don't really mind as long as your points are above 39ish. To be honest, however, I think business is the weakest course you have there. It would benefit you to drop that rather than History or Economics.
VanillaCream
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by crufer)
I'm selecting the IB courses I want to take in order to pursue law and so far I have:
HL English literature a
HL history
HL economics
HL business and management
SL math
SL Spanish b
SL science (still deciding on which one)
theory of knowledge

Should I choose between history and economics or is it better to do both? Also, what is the least time-consuming SL science?
I agree with ff.so, the best choice would be probably throwing out business and leaving the rest as they are
when it comes to sciences, it depends if you're better at memorising or logical thinking and if you're good at maths - I'd say Chem SL is pretty easy (and not very time consuming if you understand the classes and the content), I'm doing HL and the SL topics are pretty straightforward, but if you're better at memorising, then maybe Biology SL? in my class almost all people who aren't keen on science chose Biology SL
crufer
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
(Original post by VanillaCream)
I agree with ff.so, the best choice would be probably throwing out business and leaving the rest as they are
when it comes to sciences, it depends if you're better at memorising or logical thinking and if you're good at maths - I'd say Chem SL is pretty easy (and not very time consuming if you understand the classes and the content), I'm doing HL and the SL topics are pretty straightforward, but if you're better at memorising, then maybe Biology SL? in my class almost all people who aren't keen on science chose Biology SL
thank you!
ddaarrcceeyy
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Defo do history and english HL for law, and I would say Bio SL is the easiest out of the SL sciences
hvanz
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I would recommend taking History over Economics because you get the essay and interpretative skills down that law admissions tutors look for evidence of
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Following the government's announcement, do you think you will be awarded a fair grade this year?

Yes (594)
49.42%
No (608)
50.58%

Watched Threads