What do I do?

Watch this thread
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I've been having online lessons since January and the exams were al online. I think I did really bad in them because I never got around to doing either of the last 6 markers for both physics and chemistry. Usually I wouldn't be too worried because everything would be fair(no one could cheat). All my friends have been using the group chat to show mark schemes and cheat together, but I couldn't do it with them because I don't have my own phone I use my mum's one and she was out both times I had the test. Anyways, what's worse is that I'm in yr 10 so any 'big' tests I do now might matter a lot and I'm sure I've done awful and I know I could do so much better if I was in school.
These tests are what my school calls common assessments so their like official in a sense. I just don't know what to do now. I get that what's done is done but I can't help being concerned. And I have my bio test coming up and I don't know what to do about that either.
akshayaax
Badges: 11
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 year ago
Hey, i'm in Year 11 and although the teachers predicted high grades, I felt exactly the same. You could try using flashcards, just write down some questions and answers and then test yourself. I wouldn't advise following your friends and cheating, it won't benefit in the long term.
You could also try exam questions after completing each subtopic to test what you have learned.
Don't worry too much, i'm sure you'll do great with a little hard work
Hope it helps.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by akshayaax)
Hey, i'm in Year 11 and although the teachers predicted high grades, I felt exactly the same. You could try using flashcards, just write down some questions and answers and then test yourself. I wouldn't advise following your friends and cheating, it won't benefit in the long term.
You could also try exam questions after completing each subtopic to test what you have learned.
Don't worry too much, i'm sure you'll do great with a little hard work
Hope it helps.
Thank you sm for the reply!
I got my results: 29/48 so a grade 5. A high achieving friend of mine got a grade 6 and parent's evening is tomorrow. I'm just worried and stressed and I do hope they take the fact that it's a whole new circumstance in consideration
akshayaax
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Thank you sm for the reply!
I got my results: 29/48 so a grade 5. A high achieving friend of mine got a grade 6 and parent's evening is tomorrow. I'm just worried and stressed and I do hope they take the fact that it's a whole new circumstance in consideration
Hey hope your parents evening goes well! From now on, teachers will also use your engagement in online lessons to assess your grades, so try to attend and reply to as many online lessons as you can, it might help improve your grades, good luck!!
Anonymous #1
Hey hope your parents evening goes well! From now on, teachers will also use your engagement in online lessons to assess your grades, so try to attend and reply to as many online lessons as you can, it might help improve your grades, good luck!!
Wow, that's good. I feel a bit more relived. I've been participation quite well, I haven't missed a lesson or deadline, it's just the grades. Luckily my other test results haven't come back so it's just chemistry.
Do you have any revision tips for Biology?
akshayaax
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
Wow, that's good. I feel a bit more relived. I've been participation quite well, I haven't missed a lesson or deadline, it's just the grades. Luckily my other test results haven't come back so it's just chemistry.
Do you have any revision tips for Biology?
There are some revision guides you could consider buying :
The Collins AQA GCSE 9-1 Bio Revision Guides.
The CGP AQA GCSE 9-1 Bio Revision Guides.
If you don't want to spend money buying any then here are some links to channels which help with science :
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCqb...Xw9Il7sBVG3_bw - goes over each topic following AQA Spec. (each video usually fits on one flashcards, that you can use to test yourself with later)
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCBg...R4QIK2e0EfJwaA - goes over the whole of bio, chem and physics p1&2 in 1 hour videos
You should also try exam questions and go over topics you struggle most with the channels above ^^
Hope it helps! Good luck!!
Last edited by akshayaax; 1 year ago
Anonymous #1
There are some revision guides you could consider buying :
The Collins AQA GCSE 9-1 Bio Revision Guides.
The CGP AQA GCSE 9-1 Bio Revision Guides.
If you don't want to spend money buying any then here are some links to channels which help with science :
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCqb...Xw9Il7sBVG3_bw - goes over each topic following AQA Spec. (each video usually fits on one flashcards, that you can use to test yourself with later)
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCBg...R4QIK2e0EfJwaA - goes over the whole of bio, chem and physics p1&2 in 1 hour videos
You should also try exam questions and go over topics you struggle most with the channels above ^^
Hope it helps! Good luck!!

Tysm!
Just curious: What grades did you get/predicted? (For sciences and english+maths)
akshayaax
Rep:
Report 1 year ago

Tysm!
Just curious: What grades did you get/predicted? (For sciences and english+maths)
No worries! Sorry for the late reply but here are my predicted :
Biology - 8
Chemistry - 8
Physics - 9
Maths - 9
English Language - 8
English Literature - 8
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

Were exams easier or harder than you expected?

Easier (52)
26.4%
As I expected (65)
32.99%
Harder (72)
36.55%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (8)
4.06%

Watched Threads