The Student Room Group

People who are or expecting to achieve A's, how much revision do you do?

Is it true that I need to be doing 20 hours??
im predicted 8s and honestly I don't even do that much work. I've already done French and Geography exams, as long as you do the homework and small revision throughout the year so you don't forget what you've learned you should be fine. At exam season I do 20-30 minutes revision for each subject, have a break then do another subject. Do not do the same subject for hours and hours it is not as effective. Also make sure you're using effective revision techniques like flashcards or using websites like seneca. also reading and highlighting is not effective, I tried this and it didn't work.
Original post by dianna3007
im predicted 8s and honestly I don't even do that much work. I've already done French and Geography exams, as long as you do the homework and small revision throughout the year so you don't forget what you've learned you should be fine. At exam season I do 20-30 minutes revision for each subject, have a break then do another subject. Do not do the same subject for hours and hours it is not as effective. Also make sure you're using effective revision techniques like flashcards or using websites like seneca. also reading and highlighting is not effective, I tried this and it didn't work.

Oh my gosh, how are you predicted an 8 at french? I'm in year 12 and an 8 seems impossible.
Umm, I’m quite a bad example, I do next to nothing right now, but that’s because I’m suffering quite a lot

Predicted
A*: politics
A: history
A: RS
Hey! I only revise topics I struggle with most.
I usually test myself with questions then the ones I struggle on, I revise and do practice q's on. I don't revise for maths nor physics as much as it's my stronger subjects. I recommend focusing on the weaker ones more and stronger topics roughly.
Original post by baguette_alevels
Oh my gosh, how are you predicted an 8 at french? I'm in year 12 and an 8 seems impossible.

haha I did the GCSE in year 9 as my school has a funny system of doing gcses early, honestly I'm not that good and i didnt revise that much its just that I know italian which helps with listening and translating i think.
Original post by dianna3007
haha I did the GCSE in year 9 as my school has a funny system of doing gcses early, honestly I'm not that good and i didnt revise that much its just that I know italian which helps with listening and translating i think.

Ugh bilingual kids are so good at languages. There's three girls in my french class and I'm the only one who's not bilingual. :colonhash:

Quick Reply

Latest