lesbian masterdoc

Watch
becausethenight
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by LazyWriter64)
The lesbian masterdoc doesn't say once that bi or pansexuality isn't a thing. It's not pan or biphobic. And you seem to be misenterpreting those quotes. 'You can really, guinenly have warm, positive, strong feelings towards men and they can still be compulsory heterosexuality'. The author is saying that you could confuse a platonic connection with a romantic one, because of compulsory heterosexuality. And the second quote 'Do you love them because they're your boyfriend or are they your boyfriend because you love them?' is asking you to consider if you only have a boyfriend because you like the idea of having a boyfriend, and being able to tell other people and yourself that you're a boyfriend instead of actually enjoying being in a romantic relationship.
Thank you. I now realise any positive feeling I had towards a man, was in fact compulsory heterosexuality, and will end all relationships forthwith

It is biphobic, because it never at any point acknowledges that you can be attracted to women and men. Any sign of attraction towards women is evidence of lesbianism, any attraction towards men is ‘compulsory heterosexuality’. I’m glad you found it helpful on your journey, but it genuinely is flawed.

Also talking about ‘symptoms’ of being straight is...odd, at best.
Last edited by becausethenight; 1 week ago
ostriches
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by becausethenight)
Thank you. I now realise any positive feeling I had towards a man, was in fact compulsory heterosexuality, and will end all relationships forthwith

It is biphobic, because it never at any point acknowledges that you can be attracted to women and men. Any sign of attraction towards women is evidence of lesbianism, any attraction towards men is ‘compulsory heterosexuality’. I’m glad you found it helpful on your journey, but it genuinely is flawed.

Also talking about ‘symptoms’ of being straight is...odd, at best.
It focuses on lesbianism! It doesn't need to acknowledge the existence of bisexuality. It's intended both for women who identify as straight as well as for women who identify as bisexual, and who are questioning how attracted to men they really are.
I think what the masterdoc tries to do is give you different interpretations of feelings and situations. Since it's aimed at women who think they are attracted to men, those alternative interpretations will always lean towards attraction to women and lack of attraction to men.
Last edited by ostriches; 1 week ago
becausethenight
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by ostriches)
It focuses on lesbianism! It doesn't need to acknowledge the existence of bisexuality. It's intended both for women who identify as straight as well as for women who identify as bisexual, and who are questioning how attracted to men they really are.
I think what the masterdoc tries to do is give you different interpretations of feelings and situations. Since it's aimed at women who think they are attracted to men, those alternative interpretations will always lean towards attraction to women and lack of attraction to men.
Have a look at https://www.google.com/amp/s/undivid...h-comphet/amp/.

Might be worth reflecting on why you’re so outraged that lesbians should acknowledge bi women as existing and sharing experiences too.
candydiva
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I'm bi- and enjoy girls from time to time :suith:... but u know reading some of this doc made me realize I am NOT lez....
Anonymous #3
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by ostriches)
Exactly! It really annoys me when people say that the lesbian masterdoc is biphobic. 🙄 It was literally created for lesbians and those questioning their sexuality. It isn't supposed to invalidate people's attraction towards men, but lesbians aren't attracted to men so obviously it's going to be tailored towards women being attracted to other women.
Foxehh
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Exactly! It really annoys me when people say that the lesbian masterdoc is biphobic. 🙄 It was literally created for lesbians and those questioning their sexuality. It isn't supposed to invalidate people's attraction towards men, but lesbians aren't attracted to men so obviously it's going to be tailored towards women being attracted to other women.
It was created for people questioning their sexuality, who think they could be something other than straight. Women already confident that they're only attracted to other women would have no reason to read it.
Last edited by Foxehh; 1 week ago
Anonymous #3
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Foxehh)
It was created for people questioning their sexuality, who think they could be something other than straight. Women already confident that they're only attracted to other women would have no reason to read it.
That's why I put those questioning their sexuality as well.
becausethenight
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
That's why I put those questioning their sexuality as well.
....who may ultimately identify as bi or straight?
Anonymous #3
Report 1 week ago
....who may ultimately identify as bi or straight?
Yes! If they can't relate to it, they could either be bi or straight. Some people have also read it and then confirmed that they are bisexual as they couldn't relate to most of the experiences.
Be A LEADER
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
:confused:
sufys12
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Masterdoc wants more lesbians to exist because it's already a small dating pool.
ostriches
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Have a look at https://www.google.com/amp/s/undivid...h-comphet/amp/.

Might be worth reflecting on why you’re so outraged that lesbians should acknowledge bi women as existing and sharing experiences too.
I'm genuinely not outraged, just in disbelief that you find it necessary for a document about being a lesbian to explicitly mention that bisexuality exists as well. Yes, bisexuality should be acknowledged by lesbians, but in a document intended for women who think that they might not be bisexual, I feel it's unnecessary to say "you might also be bisexual".
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What factors affect your mental health the most right now?

Anxiousness about lockdown easing (11)
3.63%
Uncertainty around my education (46)
15.18%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (35)
11.55%
Lack of purpose or motivation (43)
14.19%
Lack of support system (eg. teachers, counsellors, delays in care) (13)
4.29%
Impact of lockdown on physical health (22)
7.26%
Loneliness (22)
7.26%
Financial worries (9)
2.97%
Concern about myself or my loves ones getting/having been ill (17)
5.61%
Exposure to negative news/social media (18)
5.94%
Lack of real life entertainment (16)
5.28%
Lack of confidence in making big life decisions (25)
8.25%
Worry about missed opportunities during the pandemic (26)
8.58%

Watched Threads