Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 4 months ago
Hello everyone,

I received an offer from UWE for Economics BA and I am considering whether to put it as my insurance or not. I just had a few questions and whatnot, and would really appreciate it if anyone could answer it as accurately as possible <3

So basically, I know that BA Economics is very different to Bsc Economics, but in terms of employability, I'm not so sure on the differences. I'm talking about professional roles here not Tesco jobs.

What is the difference between BA and Bsc economics in terms of professional employability?

Do employers look more strongly for Bsc economics graduates over BA economics graduates?

I've heard that BA economics is very similar to Bsc Economics if you just take up all the mathematics modules, is this correct?

Also, do employers actually see or care about what modules you have taken?

So yeah those are basically my questions,

Thanks in advance <3
IdioticApple
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
Heya, yes it's likely if you choose a lot of similar modules there'll be little difference - as long as you do relatively well and try and get other things out of your time at uni besides just the qualification, that may help with employers!

Employers can see your modules taken and individual module marks on your transcript, but often they'll be focusing on the overall degree grade - although if you find an area you want to go into, it helps to pick optional modules to give yourself an opportunity to see how you gel with that specific line of work or speciality. Hope this helps!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Who is winning Euro 2020

France (84)
26.25%
England (108)
33.75%
Belgium (27)
8.44%
Germany (38)
11.88%
Spain (6)
1.88%
Italy (29)
9.06%
Netherlands (10)
3.13%
Other (Tell us who) (18)
5.63%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise