The struggle to concentrate

Watch
janeking12
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
I'm finding it so difficult to study these days. I don't know what it is, but...I'm strugglinggggg. What to do I've been considering downloading some form of time tracking app to manage my time cos I'm struggling. Does anyone have any tips that could help?

sgx28
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
try switching ur phone off
janeking12
Rep:
?
(Original post by sgx28)
try switching ur phone off
Thanks for your suggestion...I've tried that, but it didn't last. I have an online store, so I keep getting messages from clients. I'm actually looking for a way to divide my time. I don't want one to suffer because of the other.
Stumpy1001
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by janeking12)
Thanks for your suggestion...I've tried that, but it didn't last. I have an online store, so I keep getting messages from clients. I'm actually looking for a way to divide my time. I don't want one to suffer because of the other.
Most of the sources, study materials I need for my essays etc can be downloaded . Why not see if you can do the same then after download disconnect the internet . No internet no messages
janeking12
Rep:
?
(Original post by Stumpy1001)
Most of the sources, study materials I need for my essays etc can be downloaded . Why not see if you can do the same then after download disconnect the internet . No internet no messages
Thanks, I'll give that a try.
summerberry19
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
I'm finding it so difficult to study these days. I don't know what it is, but...I'm strugglinggggg. What to do I've been considering downloading some form of time tracking app to manage my time cos I'm struggling. Does anyone have any tips that could help?
I think Forest is a popular app to use.
Personally, I like to utilise the pomodoro method
janeking12
Rep:
?
(Original post by summerberry19)
I think Forest is a popular app to use.
Personally, I like to utilise the pomodoro method
Forest ha...okay. I'll check it out. I've heard about this Pomodoro method, but I haven't bothered to give it a try. Maybe it's time I did. Thanks
summerberry19
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Forest ha...okay. I'll check it out. I've heard about this Pomodoro method, but I haven't bothered to give it a try. Maybe it's time I did. Thanks
Yep, even I ignored for some time but it definitely works better than it sounds
No worries
sgx28
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
try taking a time lapse of you studying
University of Liverpool Student Rep
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Hi there,

I just thought I’d reach out to you and let you know that you’re not alone – it’s so incredibly common to be feeling like this.
I use the app Forest, which is really good! It plants a tree whilst you are studying, so by the end of your study session you’ll have a little virtual tree. I like to put 25 minute sessions on the timer, and give myself a 5 minute break after that’s done. This also helps with my concentration!

Good luck!

Ana
University of Liverpool Rep.
janeking12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
(Original post by University of Liverpool Student Rep)
Hi there,

I just thought I’d reach out to you and let you know that you’re not alone – it’s so incredibly common to be feeling like this.
I use the app Forest, which is really good! It plants a tree whilst you are studying, so by the end of your study session you’ll have a little virtual tree. I like to put 25 minute sessions on the timer, and give myself a 5 minute break after that’s done. This also helps with my concentration!

Good luck!

Ana
University of Liverpool Rep.
Oh, I really appreciate this. Thank you so much.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Following the government's announcement, do you think you will be awarded a fair grade this year?

Yes (463)
51.44%
No (437)
48.56%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed