The Student Room Group

depo shot, anyone else had a bad experience like this ?

I'm hoping someone can help me,

i had my first depo shot in october 2020, first few weeks i felt great because i didn't experience any side effects atal.

i was feeling ok until i had my second shot in January. Pretty soon after that second shot everything has changed.

I was so happy in my relationship with my boyfriend before i changed my birth control to the depo and now i'm even questioning weather i even love him? my sex drive has completely gone, this is so strange because i was the happiest ever before i had this evil shot. Sometimes i don't even want my boyfriend near me so i send him away, then when i send him away i cry my eyes out because i love him but there's a voice in my head telling me i don't? I am just so confused right now and don't know what to do, i have read online that this has happened to other people aswell, my boyfriend is so supportive and has done research himself about this so he has an idea of why i might be feeling this way about him and hes gonna support me through this. I was just wondering if anyone has felt this way then their feelings have came back when the shot has wore off? i hope so because i want to be with him but right now i just don't feel right about us.

Its also important to mention that i cry all the time now and just feel so down and not my usual happy bubbly self.

thank you for any answers
Original post by caarley94
I'm hoping someone can help me,

i had my first depo shot in october 2020, first few weeks i felt great because i didn't experience any side effects atal.

i was feeling ok until i had my second shot in January. Pretty soon after that second shot everything has changed.

I was so happy in my relationship with my boyfriend before i changed my birth control to the depo and now i'm even questioning weather i even love him? my sex drive has completely gone, this is so strange because i was the happiest ever before i had this evil shot. Sometimes i don't even want my boyfriend near me so i send him away, then when i send him away i cry my eyes out because i love him but there's a voice in my head telling me i don't? I am just so confused right now and don't know what to do, i have read online that this has happened to other people aswell, my boyfriend is so supportive and has done research himself about this so he has an idea of why i might be feeling this way about him and hes gonna support me through this. I was just wondering if anyone has felt this way then their feelings have came back when the shot has wore off? i hope so because i want to be with him but right now i just don't feel right about us.

Its also important to mention that i cry all the time now and just feel so down and not my usual happy bubbly self.

thank you for any answers

Hiya
It may be the depo injection but it sounds like you need to speak to your GP about your feelings regarding loss of libido, feeling down etc.
If it’s hormonal and as a result of the depo then you will start to feel more yourself after 3 months. Even so that’s a long time to feel down and a chat with the GP is a good idea.
Take care .

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending