Shared House horrible wifi tips?

Watch
Carla.Power
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
So I’m living in a shared house and the wifi is ****ing horrible. If you’re lucky it pushes 6 mbps. Now i am a pretty big gamer. Online gaming is doable but right now i only play Fifa and the rest of games are story offline campaign games. Fifa is impossible to play online, other games are okay but i don’t really play anything else right now. I have tried wifi extensors and they do nothing. I have a LAN cable plugged into my ps4 which is what pushes it to 6mbps , without it’s like 3 or 4 mbps. Does anyone else have this problem? How do you get around it ? I mentioned it to my landlord but he doesn’t seem keen on going through with getting a new broadband. i must also mention that it’s not only gaming, it’s also affecting my studies as it takes around about 30 mins just to download a powerpoint and browsing the web for research is also carnage as each page takes between one to ten mins to load.
Rossy1009ppp
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Carla.Power)
So I’m living in a shared house and the wifi is ****ing horrible. If you’re lucky it pushes 6 mbps. Now i am a pretty big gamer. Online gaming is doable but right now i only play Fifa and the rest of games are story offline campaign games. Fifa is impossible to play online, other games are okay but i don’t really play anything else right now. I have tried wifi extensors and they do nothing. I have a LAN cable plugged into my ps4 which is what pushes it to 6mbps , without it’s like 3 or 4 mbps. Does anyone else have this problem? How do you get around it ? I mentioned it to my landlord but he doesn’t seem keen on going through with getting a new broadband. i must also mention that it’s not only gaming, it’s also affecting my studies as it takes around about 30 mins just to download a powerpoint and browsing the web for research is also carnage as each page takes between one to ten mins to load.
You can buy a Belkin router and place it in the room you need the wifi and it extends the signal to that room. Honestly its a game changer!
Gofre
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Did you arrange and purchase the wifi plan yourselves, or was that already done by the landlord prior to your arrival?
(Original post by Rossy1009ppp)
You can buy a Belkin router and place it in the room you need the wifi and it extends the signal to that room. Honestly its a game changer!
Their PS4 is already plugged directly into the router via ethernet, signal strength does not seem to be the issue here.
Carla.Power
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Gofre)
Did you arrange and purchase the wifi plan yourselves, or was that already done by the landlord prior to your arrival?

Their PS4 is already plugged directly into the router via ethernet, signal strength does not seem to be the issue here.
No the wifi was already here. All bills are inclusive and they’ve had this TP link router for years before i moved here
Gofre
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
No the wifi was already here. All bills are inclusive and they’ve had this TP link router for years before i moved here
Have you connected a PC directly to the router via ethernet and performed a speed test?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Which of these would you use to help with making uni decisions?

Webinars (58)
13.33%
Virtual campus tours/open days (100)
22.99%
Live streaming events (39)
8.97%
Online AMAs/guest lectures (41)
9.43%
A uni comparison tool (100)
22.99%
An in-person event when available (97)
22.3%