The Student Room Group

Living with Partner

Good evening,

If I am living with a partner when I apply for student finance, but will be living alone during my course what should I put on the application? My partner will not be contributing to my maintenance. I am over 25.

Should I wait until I have signed a new tenancy agreement before I apply for student finance?

Also do dietetics courses qualify for long course loans as you are required to complete summer placements during the second and third years? I would be unable to earn during this time. How do you show this on the application please, would you tick placements in the 3rd semester?

Many thanks,
Ellie
Original post by Ellie10000
Good evening,

If I am living with a partner when I apply for student finance, but will be living alone during my course what should I put on the application? My partner will not be contributing to my maintenance. I am over 25.

Should I wait until I have signed a new tenancy agreement before I apply for student finance?

Also do dietetics courses qualify for long course loans as you are required to complete summer placements during the second and third years? I would be unable to earn during this time. How do you show this on the application please, would you tick placements in the 3rd semester?

Many thanks,
Ellie

Hi, if you are not living with a partner and you are not married then you should put single as you are living alone. If your partner then lives with you, we will require their details.

The Long Course Loan is automatically awarded, it depends on the term length the university submits on the database.
Thanks, Isaac

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending