The Student Room Group

First date

I'm 17 and have never dated any guy before, never even had many guy friends as such. I'll be starting uni this year and hope to get into the dating scene, but i have no experience whatsoever
Any tips about literal first dates would be appreciated.
I’m 17 and have never dated before too , exactly the same as you but never has it crossed my mind that I won’t know what to do on a date. Purely because when you actually like someone you don’t have to be a certain way or do certain things , dating someone you like is incredibly natural and easy flowing. If it’s not that way then you shouldn’t be dating them.

One thing I would say is don’t let you being inexperienced lead you to be used. Boys have this mentality that inexperienced girls are dumb or haven’t had male attention before so they don’t have a set of standards they look for ( because of not having previous experience) . This is obviously false. Don’t go for the first guy you see or are attracted to , watch them first .

How do they talk to others? How do they act ? Do they respect themselves? Are they goal driven? Is it their face or mind you’re attracted to ? I know lots of scenarios where a girl will think they love a guy because it’s the first person that’s given them attention before. You have to understand your own feelings first before you let someone else in and let them understand you before you. You’ll get your heartbroken.

Men will analyse you , take everything you say into consideration and act the way they think you’ll like until they have you hooked. The moment you get attached , they sit back and relax and show their true face. Only guys that genuinely like you will continue to be the way they are in the start of the relationship.

Believe it or not but there are actually guys that go to uni to sleep with and be with girls. So you have to be VERY specific with who you let it to know you. Don’t let them know you’re inexperienced cause they’ll take it to your advantage.You do not by any means want to be heartbroken in uni, believe me it’s a crazy feeling and experiencing it for the first time in uni will be a mess for you and your education.

Someone I know was inexperienced and this guy she was obsessed mistreated her very very bad ( he was not interested in her). By that I mean he would hit her and call it as a joke and for years she thought that that was flirting. One day out of nowhere he messaged her saying “let me take your virginity”, she practically ran to his house in excitement. Then when she told me she went and slept with him I had to let her know she was used by the guy, she was just a bit of fun for him. I was right , he never spoke to her again. She was heartbroken for a very very very long time. Some boys are cruel ( girls can be too obviously) so be careful and very very picky.

This was just my advice ,girl to girl. I hope you find some use in my advice.
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous
I’m 17 and have never dated before too , exactly the same as you but never has it crossed my mind that I won’t know what to do on a date. Purely because when you actually like someone you don’t have to be a certain way or do certain things , dating someone you like is incredibly natural and easy flowing. If it’s not that way then you shouldn’t be dating them.

One thing I would say is don’t let you being inexperienced lead you to be used. Boys have this mentality that inexperienced girls are dumb or haven’t had male attention before so they don’t have a set of standards they look for ( because of not having previous experience) . This is obviously false. Don’t go for the first guy you see or are attracted to , watch them first .

How do they talk to others? How do they act ? Do they respect themselves? Are they goal driven? Is it their face or mind you’re attracted to ? I know lots of scenarios where a girl will think they love a guy because it’s the first person that’s given them attention before. You have to understand your own feelings first before you let someone else in and let them understand you before you. You’ll get your heartbroken.

Men will analyse you , take everything you say into consideration and act the way they think you’ll like until they have you hooked. The moment you get attached , they sit back and relax and show their true face. Only guys that genuinely like you will continue to be the way they are in the start of the relationship.

Believe it or not but there are actually guys that go to uni to sleep with and be with girls. So you have to be VERY specific with who you let it to know you. Don’t let them know you’re inexperienced cause they’ll take it to your advantage.You do not by any means want to be heartbroken in uni, believe me it’s a crazy feeling and experiencing it for the first time in uni will be a mess for you and your education.

Someone I know was inexperienced and this guy she was obsessed mistreated her very very bad ( he was not interested in her). By that I mean he would hit her and call it as a joke and for years she thought that that was flirting. One day out of nowhere he messaged her saying “let me take your virginity”, she practically ran to his house in excitement. Then when she told me she went and slept with him I had to let her know she was used by the guy, she was just a bit of fun for him. I was right , he never spoke to her again. She was heartbroken for a very very very long time. Some boys are cruel ( girls can be too obviously) so be careful and very very picky.

This was just my advice ,girl to girl. I hope you find some use in my advice.

Thank you for this!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending