Yas7297
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 months ago
Hi!
I pretty much came here cuz i did pretty bad in my psychology exam (i got a D welp) and i really wanna aim for that A-A*. im in year 12

any tips and advice?
chris2791
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by Yas7297)
Hi!
I pretty much came here cuz i did pretty bad in my psychology exam (i got a D welp) and i really wanna aim for that A-A*. im in year 12

any tips and advice?
I was getting Ds from year 12 Sept - March, when I found this YouTube channel my grades miraculously went up and I ended up with an A* in my mocks and in my real exam I got an A fee marks short of the A* but this guy is literally amazing I hope this helps please message me for further questions!! Happy to help

https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCVI7HrA5t1qhBVNVnSk4cDQ
Yas7297
Rep:
?
(Original post by chris2791)
I was getting Ds from year 12 Sept - March, when I found this YouTube channel my grades miraculously went up and I ended up with an A* in my mocks and in my real exam I got an A fee marks short of the A* but this guy is literally amazing I hope this helps please message me for further questions!! Happy to help

https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCVI7HrA5t1qhBVNVnSk4cDQ
Thank you so much!

Also, what about time management in psychology too?
ashtolga23
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
My tips for psychology A-Level (AQA)
chris2791
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
Thank you so much!

Also, what about time management in psychology too?
I’m afraid this takes practice practice and more practice! You need to learn what each question wants from you, for example a 16 marker requires 6 marks A01 and 10 marks A03 and you have roughly 15 or so minutes to write it, so you need to understand what’s relevant and what isn’t relevant when your writing your answer as you progress through psych you’ll master it. Take it from me I thought it was impossible but it takes time
Yas7297
Rep:
?
(Original post by chris2791)
I’m afraid this takes practice practice and more practice! You need to learn what each question wants from you, for example a 16 marker requires 6 marks A01 and 10 marks A03 and you have roughly 15 or so minutes to write it, so you need to understand what’s relevant and what isn’t relevant when your writing your answer as you progress through psych you’ll master it. Take it from me I thought it was impossible but it takes time
Ah i see. thank you so much though. how long did it take you?
Yas7297
Rep:
?
Thank you so much!
ashtolga23
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
Thank you so much!
Not a problem!
Yas7297
Rep:
?
Does anyone else have any other tips/what helped them get through A levels? i'd love to hear more!
Squiggles1238
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
Hello,
Although I'm not taking the A2 just yet, I'm currently studying psychology at AS with a predicted grade of A. I find that remembering the essential case studies AND some other studies when answering the essay questions can really help, especially in the evaluate style questions. when you answer questions such as outline and evaluate (insert topic), you could try to work in your evaluation into your outline paragraphs instead of doing 3 or 4 outline paragraphs and then 3 or 4 evaluate questions. this will also help if you are running out of time because it demonstrates that you have knowledge surrounding both A01 and A03 points.
Knowing key terms can really help in demonstrating your knowledge, and make sure that you have a good understanding of these terms and apply that to your answers
Furthermore, make sure for the essay style questions you are giving a brief introduction that smoothly guides the examiner into the subject you are writing about.
as far as revision goes, its worth to produce tables with all your essential case studies, and you can change the amount of info you include per case, for example, you may need to know the method AND findings for some cases as well as eval points, but you might only need to know the findings for others.
I hope this helped you!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should the school day be extended to help students catch up?

Yes (96)
27.51%
No (253)
72.49%

Watched Threads