The Student Room Group

University of Sheffield Postgraduate Offer Holders?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Burrito115
Hi, I’m going to be studying MSc Antimicrobial Resistance :smile:
I’m starting fresh out of my BSc and wondered if anyone else is doing the same? Ive heard a lot of postgrads are older with experience

I graduated in 2020 and just skipped this academic year so I could do my masters when everything opens up again (looking promising!). Did you do your BSc at Sheffield, or are you new to the city?
Reply 21
I’ve just finished my BSc in Microbiology at University of Reading (which i live relatively close to) so I’ll be moving to a new city. I don’t know anyone at the uni yet but i’ll be living with my friend who works nearby.
And yeah it would be great to get back to normal-ish soon 😅. I had to change my research project and dissertation from lab based to bioinformatics which was a bit disappointing and hoping that my masters won’t end up along a similar route.

What about you, did you graduate from Sheffield?

I did Biology at University of Manchester (the closest city to me) so this will be my first time living in an unfamiliar city for a long period of time!

And that's really frustrating! I know Manchester kept the labs open for anyone doing an MSc this year so hopefully Sheffield will do the same if needed :smile:
Hi everyone,

I'm a current undergraduate at the University of Sheffield in my final year for Biology and I will be continuing at Sheffield for postgraduate study. Have you got any questions about life in Sheffield, or the various Biology departments at Sheffield?

Daniel
Third Year
MBiolSci Biology with a Year Abroad
Original post by mi_am
Hey :smile: I’ll be studying Msc psychological research

Hey, I am also studying MSc Psychological Research Methods with advanced statistics! :smile:
Reply 24
Hi! I'll be studying Health Economics and Decision modelling and was also wondering about accomodation. Is anyone looking at the private halls in the city? (e.g. Sheffiled3, Bailey street, Central Place) I also dont want to be living with undergrads but it seems like with these ones its closer to where lectures are and you get a lot more for your money! Any insight would be appreciated, and would love to chat to other MSc students!
Reply 25
Hey! I'm going to be doing my masters at Sheffield this September and got my accommodation offer this morning - anyone else got Ravenstones apartments?
And are these mainly postgrad-only blocks, or will there be some undergrads in them too? Ideally want to be just with postgrads but I'm not sure which are typically the postgrad-only halls!
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 26
I’m in postgraduate and in ravenstones too! I’m not sure about the whole hall but at least as a PG student, I think they’ll always put you in PG-only flats ☺️
Original post by mi_am
I’m in postgraduate and in ravenstones too! I’m not sure about the whole hall but at least as a PG student, I think they’ll always put you in PG-only flats ☺️

I'm also a post-grad in ravenstones! 😊
HELLO! It is so amazing to see other Masters holders for Sheffield Hallam! :biggrin:

I have been looking everywhere trying to find people; but so far no luck! - Until I found this thread!

Your Masters degrees all sound amazing! I am holding a Conditional Offer for an MSc in Developmental Psychology, to start in September 2021! :smile:

It would be lovely to set up a group chat or something with other Masters holders? :biggrin:

Freddie_Mercury_Fan. :smile:
Original post by jason_r
I graduated in 2020 and just skipped this academic year so I could do my masters when everything opens up again (looking promising!). Did you do your BSc at Sheffield, or are you new to the city?

Hi there! I am also starting straight out of my undergraduate, too; so I'm feeling just as nervous! :smile:
Reply 30
Hi, I’m actually going to Uni of Sheffield not Sheffield Hallam but happy to talk to other masters offer holders. Im moving to Sheffield from Uni of Reading, where did you do your undergrade

I'm studying MSc Reproductive and Developmental Medicine 2021 and I decided on private halls in the city centre! Excited
Anyone interested in joining a Uni of Sheffield postgrad group chat or if you are looking for a house share with other postgrads message me :smile:
Original post by University of Sheffield Students
Hi everyone,

I'm a current undergraduate at the University of Sheffield in my final year for Biology and I will be continuing at Sheffield for postgraduate study. Have you got any questions about life in Sheffield, or the various Biology departments at Sheffield?

Daniel
Third Year
MBiolSci Biology with a Year Abroad

Anyone interested in joining a Uni of Sheffield postgrad group chat or if you are looking for a house share with other postgrads message me :smile:
Original post by YB101
I'm studying MSc Reproductive and Developmental Medicine 2021 and I decided on private halls in the city centre! Excited

How are you finding the course, I'm starting in september :smile:
Original post by catherinekenny
How are you finding the course, I'm starting in september :smile:

do you want to be part of our chat with other post grads?
Original post by Hannahcgia
do you want to be part of our chat with other post grads?

yeah!
Reply 36
Original post by Hannahcgia

Hi, I have just received an offer for the MSc in Translational Neuroscience at Sheffield. Could I join the group? :smile:
Original post by Gbrn19
Hi, I have just received an offer for the MSc in Translational Neuroscience at Sheffield. Could I join the group? :smile:

I have an offer for translational neuroscience too! Would love to join :smile:
Original post by April992
I have an offer for translational neuroscience too! Would love to join :smile:

Hey,

I also have an offer for the same course as you both. Would love to join too if poss :h:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending