Fitness to Practice meeting (for social work)

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 4 months ago
Hello, I was just wondering if anyone has been referred to do a fitness to practice meeting and know what to expect. I was due to start work placement in social work, however the social worker I was supposed to be working with has gone through old posts on social media (which wasn’t made by me) that I have just shared thinking they were funny, and has said I’m not fit to be a social worker. I can definitely see why the social worker has reported them, however I was just wondering if anyone has any advice when it comes to having the meeting? I am generally so upset and embarrassed when it comes to looking at the posts. I have deleted them and put my account on private, while also changing my name on the social media account. And when looking at them, I generally didn’t think I’d offend anyone by them, I can’t argue that they are appropriate when I too think some of them aren’t.
FXX
Badges: 18
Report 4 months ago
Are you a member of a union? You need professional advice, really.

The hearing panel will want to know you aren't a threat to the public. So look professional, be remorseful, and show you have learnt from your mistakes. You might get a caution on your record but this will expire after time, if you are spotless afterwards.
Last edited by FXX; 4 months ago
Kerzen
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Hello, I was just wondering if anyone has been referred to do a fitness to practice meeting and know what to expect. I was due to start work placement in social work, however the social worker I was supposed to be working with has gone through old posts on social media (which wasn’t made by me) that I have just shared thinking they were funny, and has said I’m not fit to be a social worker. I can definitely see why the social worker has reported them, however I was just wondering if anyone has any advice when it comes to having the meeting? I am generally so upset and embarrassed when it comes to looking at the posts. I have deleted them and put my account on private, while also changing my name on the social media account. And when looking at them, I generally didn’t think I’d offend anyone by them, I can’t argue that they are appropriate when I too think some of them aren’t.
I can't quite gauge what your situation is.

You say that you were due to start a work placement, which suggests to me that you are still in education and not qualified and registered as a Social Worker.

My understanding is that Fitness to Practise Hearings involve registered Social Workers, but you aren't one.

If you are starting a placement, this suggests that you are at University or at least in some form of education.

If your chances of completing a compulsory work placement are on the line, surely this is something you should be discussing with your Tutor?

https://www.socialworkengland.org.uk...ractise-guide/
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should the school day be extended to help students catch up?

Yes (44)
28.76%
No (109)
71.24%

Watched Threads