Annakate2001
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
hi so I'm doing a study on colour blindness and I'm just wondering since lots of colours correlate to emotions such as red- angry, blue-sadness. I was wanting to know if anybody with these conditions if you create your own colours to emotions or if you interpret in a different way. would love to know many thanks x
xDmochi
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Annakate2001)
hi so I'm doing a study on colour blindness and I'm just wondering since lots of colours correlate to emotions such as red- angry, blue-sadness. I was wanting to know if anybody with these conditions if you create your own colours to emotions or if you interpret in a different way. would love to know many thanks x
Actually yes, i have severe colourblindness (achromatopsia if you care) and I just use symbols for emotions. For me, everything is black, white or a shade of gray, so seeing colors as emotions is something I could never fathom. I just make up little symbols for every color, and I have to imagine what colors look like.
Annakate2001
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
(Original post by xDmochi)
Actually yes, i have severe colourblindness (achromatopsia if you care) and I just use symbols for emotions. For me, everything is black, white or a shade of gray, so seeing colors as emotions is something I could never fathom. I just make up little symbols for every color, and I have to imagine what colors look like.
Thank you so incredibly much! This is so amazing and so very interesting, thank you so much again!! It's so crazy to think we all have different perceptions we correlate colour too
Final Fantasy
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Didn't I reply to this already?
Final Fantasy
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I'm sorry but it really isnt, I've just used them as examples. I'm studying it for uni so I'm fully aware that colours have complete other meanings such as purple is used for death in some countries and red in China can symbolise luck, good fortune, happiness.there isnt any biases in my question at all when I'm researching somthing. So I'd suggest you re think when I havent said anything bad at all, your just not understanding my question at all. If you have a look into colour and psychology there is a huge link with emotions. So ask my question was asking I was wanting to know from a colourblind perspective if they correlate emotions with colours like many do ( not in all cultures, I know but many do) and from another chat somone answers this saying they use symbols instead as they couldnever correlate them too emotions. So please stop saying I'm being biased when I'm studying colour so I'm very aware of its meanings in different colours I just wanted the perspective from someone with colour-blindness. Thanks
Hi Anna Kate, I think I misunderstood - in which case I apologise. It appears you're asking about colours correlating to emotions rather than specific emotions. I agree with this. Humans and other animals have evolved to perceive and associate various colours. I was reading a study a while back about how the most recognisable colours to humans are red (life), green (nature), blue (weather) along with their various shades for example yellow/orange with red indicating blood, fruits, sunset, sunrise etc. i.e. life / danger / caution... and so on.

In this case you are right, we and many other animals have strong evolutionary ties to different colours.

Please let me know if you would like further details or discussion and hope you excuse the misunderstanding. Thanks.
Last edited by Final Fantasy; 1 week ago
Annakate2001
Rep:
?
(Original post by Final Fantasy)
Didn't I reply to this already?
Yes you did on another chat
Final Fantasy
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Yes you did on another chat
I have added another response because I made a mistake.
Annakate2001
Rep:
?
(Original post by Final Fantasy)
Hi Anna Kate, I think I misunderstood - in which case I apologise. It appears you're asking about colours correlating to emotions rather than specific emotions. I agree with this. Humans and other animals have evolved to perceive and associate various colours. I was reading a study a while back about how the most recognisable colours to humans are red (life), green (nature), blue (weather) along with their various shades for example yellow/orange with red indicating blood, fruits, sunset, sunrise etc. i.e. life / danger / caution... and so on.

In this case you are right, we and many other animals have strong evolutionary ties to different colours.

Please let me know if you would like further details or discussion and hope you excuse the misunderstanding. Thanks.
Awww no worries, it happens. Thank you so much I'll definitely look into the animal section that sounds very fascinating. Thank you! I'll definitely contact you if I need more information 😊
Final Fantasy
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Awww no worries, it happens. Thank you so much I'll definitely look into the animal section that sounds very fascinating. Thank you! I'll definitely contact you if I need more information 😊
It's something I've pondered quite deeply and often thought about from the perspective of different types of blindness and how the brains develop different neural pathways and networks as a result. It really is quite fascinating stuff - you have chosen a very interesting topic indeed! I wish you all the best in your research.

Btw, there are some excellent videos on this topic - I recommend the YouTube channel called Kurzgesagt – In a Nutshell.
Last edited by Final Fantasy; 1 week ago
Final Fantasy
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
May also interest you to know that achromatopsia treatment is in research and development with a combination of medicine and technology, gene therapy etc. I do believe that we will begin production of eye replacements within the next 50 years. Bionic technology, implants and prosthetics have come a long way and will continue to advance at a rapid rate thanks to constant technological advancements.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Following the government's announcement, do you think you will be awarded a fair grade this year?

Yes (398)
52.23%
No (364)
47.77%

Watched Threads