mtancoc
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
Does anyone know how long the university of Exeter takes to reply to applicants? Thank you!
jayden.gilholy
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
I applied for law on the 16th of December and received an offer on the 13th of January - so a month give or take. However, of course this can vary between applications and if they deem someone to be a slightly less strong candidate they may reject or offer them a place in around Feb/March after seeing all applications.

Hope this is helpful
mtancoc
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
(Original post by jayden.gilholy)
I applied for law on the 16th of December and received an offer on the 13th of January - so a month give or take. However, of course this can vary between applications and if they deem someone to be a slightly less strong candidate they may reject or offer them a place in around Feb/March after seeing all applications.

Hope this is helpful
This is great, thanks
Anonymous #1
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by mtancoc)
This is great, thanks
Hey, I was just wondering, when you were waiting for your response from Exeter, did they send you updates about your application or one day just send you an offer.
Thanks
Anonymous #2
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Hey, I was just wondering, when you were waiting for your response from Exeter, did they send you updates about your application or one day just send you an offer.
Thanks
Not sure if this helps but on the day I sent my UCAS off I got an email from Exeter just saying thanks for considering us, with some contact information etc. Then 4 days later I received an offer so got an email with details about the course and offer. So basically I wouldn’t expect updates from them while you’re waiting, but might depend on the course or when you applied
Anonymous #1
Report 1 week ago
Not sure if this helps but on the day I sent my UCAS off I got an email from Exeter just saying thanks for considering us, with some contact information etc. Then 4 days later I received an offer so got an email with details about the course and offer. So basically I wouldn’t expect updates from them while you’re waiting, but might depend on the course or when you applied
Ah okay, thank you! Do you mind me asking what course you applied for?
Anonymous #2
Report 1 week ago
Ah okay, thank you! Do you mind me asking what course you applied for?
BSc Psychology! and good luck with your application : )
Anonymous #1
Report 1 week ago
BSc Psychology! and good luck with your application : )
Ooh nice! And thank you!
University of Exeter Student Recruitment Team Two
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by mtancoc)
Does anyone know how long the university of Exeter takes to reply to applicants? Thank you!
Hello mtancoc

As you are probably aware, the way we make offers varies from programme to programme. In some situation we operate a gathered field approach where we wait until January deadline and make offers once we have received all the applications. For other programmes we begin to make offers as we receive application, though this can sometimes be only for students who have achieved particular predicted grades, with other students having to wait a little longer. All applications are considered equally provided they are received by the UCAS deadline. This year with the uncertainty around assessment methods it has been more challenging for the Admissions Team to make decisions given the evolving picture.

If you have any questions or concerns about the status of your application, I recommend speaking to our Admission team directly; you can use our contact form or call them on 0300 555 60. If you have received your acknowledgement email it should all be fine though and unfortunately the only advise I can give is to continue to wait patiently (I know that is hard though as you just want to know). Please be assured we are working through applications as quickly as we can and will respond to you as soon as we are able to.

Good luck and I hope it is not too long a wait before you hear back. Do let me know if you have any questions that I can help you with.

Melody
University of Exeter Student Recruitment Team
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Which of these would you use to help with making uni decisions?

Webinars (77)
11.83%
Virtual campus tours/open days (158)
24.27%
Live streaming events (52)
7.99%
Online AMAs/guest lectures (59)
9.06%
A uni comparison tool (152)
23.35%
An in-person event when available (153)
23.5%