Ten-Ten
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by Tashax2)
Ohhh okah yeah I see why you want to change ! I applied to York and even though it’s a good uni and they offered lower grades I won’t go cause the modules are so boring in my opinion. Have you looked at changing to another course at the uni ? I did that.
No I didn’t take the time to look at others due to my school rushing me. And I didn’t feel like going through the process again as it was stressful
Tashax2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
(Original post by swanseajack1)
What course do you want to study. Does it have to be in London.What are your predicted grades and What grades did you get in English and Maths at GCSE
I’m predicted AAB and have a 6 in English language, 7 in English lit and 4 in maths ( which is why I could apply to a lot of the unis I wanted to as they all needed a 5/6) and I’ve already applied and I applied to Leeds York Aston man Met and Nottingham Trent - I’ve got offers from all but Leeds I’m still waiting and that’s the one I really want so if I don’t get that offer I’ll look at extra or clearing etc , I don’t need to be in london as you can I haven’t applied to any in london I don’t mine where I am as long as it’s not down south ( souther than london ) apart from like Bristol as an exception but still not what I really like area wise
Tashax2
Rep:
?
(Original post by Ten-Ten)
No I didn’t take the time to look at others due to my school rushing me. And I didn’t feel like going through the process again as it was stressful
If you message me privately I can help you if you want ? And yeah I rushed it too !
Ten-Ten
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
If you message me privately I can help you if you want ? And yeah I rushed it too !
Sure
Tashax2
Rep:
?
Sure
Do you have snap or insta?
swanseajack1
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
I want to study business management. My parents want it to be in London but I don’t particularly care where it is, but since the household income is quite high (I don’t exactly know what it is) it’s probably better to stay in London as the student loan is higher. My predicted grade is ABB and in gcse maths I got 7, English language 4 and 5 in literature. Eventhough literature hardly seems to count for anything
Have you thought of Cardiff. You are around their grades and they tend to be fairly flexible. You meet thr English and Maths requirement. 2 hours by train from Paddington.
Ten-Ten
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Do you have snap or insta?
I have both
swanseajack1
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
I’m predicted AAB and have a 6 in English language, 7 in English lit and 4 in maths ( which is why I could apply to a lot of the unis I wanted to as they all needed a 5/6) and I’ve already applied and I applied to Leeds York Aston man Met and Nottingham Trent - I’ve got offers from all but Leeds I’m still waiting and that’s the one I really want so if I don’t get that offer I’ll look at extra or clearing etc , I don’t need to be in london as you can I haven’t applied to any in london I don’t mine where I am as long as it’s not down south ( souther than london ) apart from like Bristol as an exception but still not what I really like area wise
What about Lancaster AAB with no Maths requirement. Absolute top uni.
Ten-Ten
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Have you thought of Cardiff. You are around their grades and they tend to be fairly flexible. You meet thr English and Maths requirement. 2 hours by train from Paddington.
Yeah I have but moving to another country and not knowing anyone is quite unnerving. Plus I’ll miss my friend and cousins who are in England uni’s. Yeah I could visit but it’ll be harder
Tashax2
Rep:
?
What about Lancaster AAB with no Maths requirement. Absolute top uni.
I looked at it but the area wasn’t for me!
swanseajack1
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Yeah I have but moving to another country and not knowing anyone is quite unnerving. Plus I’ll miss my friend and cousins who are in England uni’s. Yeah I could visit but it’ll be harder
It depends on what you want. The different country thing isnt going to make any difference. There are more English students in Cardiff and most other Welsh universities than Welsh. There is very little difference between Welsh universities and English. Both are part of the UK. The distance can be an issue which is why I asked whether it had to be London. The distance problem would be a greater problem between Leeds and London than Cardiff and London.
swanseajack1
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
I looked at it but the area wasn’t for me!
Would Leicester or East Anglia be any use. The problem is Business has a Mathematical content. Another non business course eg Sociology or History wont have this requirement
lilacprague
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by PQ)
There's no priority for adjustment v clearing.
Adjustment is TINY compared to clearing 0.1% of placed applicants get a place via adjustment (about 700 people), 21% get a place via Clearing (over 100,000 people). Adjustment is also restricted to 5 calendar days after A level results day - which is why the discussions around the exact date of A level results this year mean there is a reasonable chance that adjustment will not run this year.

You don't have to wait until Clearing to apply to KCL. Talk to them about whether they expect your course to be open in Extra. If they will be then you can decline your offers or withdraw from them and apply to KCL in a couple of weeks time when Extra opens.
oh right really? I don't know much about how extra works to be honest, I didn't think that was an option to withdraw then reapply through that
Tashax2
Rep:
?
Would Leicester or East Anglia be any use. The problem is Business has a Mathematical content. Another non business course eg Sociology or History wont have this requirement
Yeah i looked at both but didn’t like Leicester reputation and I’m not far from UEA so i would know a lot of people there and I wanted t a fresh start ! But I’m hoping Leeds gives me and offer and if they do I’ll be happy
swanseajack1
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Yeah i looked at both but didn’t like Leicester reputation and I’m not far from UEA so i would know a lot of people there and I wanted t a fresh start ! But I’m hoping Leeds gives me and offer and if they do I’ll be happy
The problem is that you dont meet the Maths requirement for Leeds and it is therefore a likely rejection. How about Swansea. It is further away but doesnt have a grade 5 or 6 requirement. Your alternatives will probably end up with either somewhere with a grade 4 Maths requirement or looking at a different course outside business/marketing which doesnt have a Maths requirement. To be honest I cannot see anywhere better than Lancaster but if you dont like the area then it isnt much good to you. Every year people come on here with your problem wanting to take business but without a high enough grade in GCSE Maths. Even if you were to take a gap year and applied with a Maths GCSE as pending and got an offer they wouldnt actually accept you until GCSE results day when your Maths grade is known. Universities tend to accept students with dropped A level grades but dont usually accept someone without a specifed GCSE grade in Maths or English
Mkbedford
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
The problem is that you dont meet the Maths requirement for Leeds and it is therefore a likely rejection. How about Swansea. It is further away but doesnt have a grade 5 or 6 requirement. Your alternatives will probably end up with either somewhere with a grade 4 Maths requirement or looking at a different course outside business/marketing which doesnt have a Maths requirement. To be honest I cannot see anywhere better than Lancaster but if you dont like the area then it isnt much good to you. Every year people come on here with your problem wanting to take business but without a high enough grade in GCSE Maths. Even if you were to take a gap year and applied with a Maths GCSE as pending and got an offer they wouldnt actually accept you until GCSE results day when your Maths grade is known. Universities tend to accept students with dropped A level grades but dont usually accept someone without a specifed GCSE grade in Maths
Hey, i understand feeling like ur able to achieve more than your previous maths GCSEs. I think your best bet is emailing them and explaining your situation. They need proof of mathematical capabilities so maybe consider finding some form of online course just to get even a bit of proof. Out of interest which a-levels did you take?
Tashax2
Rep:
?
The problem is that you dont meet the Maths requirement for Leeds and it is therefore a likely rejection. How about Swansea. It is further away but doesnt have a grade 5 or 6 requirement. Your alternatives will probably end up with either somewhere with a grade 4 Maths requirement or looking at a different course outside business/marketing which doesnt have a Maths requirement. To be honest I cannot see anywhere better than Lancaster but if you dont like the area then it isnt much good to you. Every year people come on here with your problem wanting to take business but without a high enough grade in GCSE Maths. Even if you were to take a gap year and applied with a Maths GCSE as pending and got an offer they wouldnt actually accept you until GCSE results day when your Maths grade is known. Universities tend to accept students with dropped A level grades but dont usually accept someone without a specifed GCSE grade in Maths or English
Yes I do through access to Leeds which I have applied for and they have confirmed me eligible. If you read through the website they say if you qualify it’s ABB and 5 gcses grade 4 inc maths grade 4
Tashax2
Rep:
?
(Original post by Mkbedford)
Hey, i understand feeling like ur able to achieve more than your previous maths GCSEs. I think your best bet is emailing them and explaining your situation. They need proof of mathematical capabilities so maybe consider finding some form of online course just to get even a bit of proof. Out of interest which a-levels did you take?
Business, English lit and french
Mkbedford
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Business, English lit and french
Ohhh that’s really cool, honestly find a course your happy with and go for it. If Leeds say you don’t need maths then that’s a great bet. I know quite a few people there and a few more going this year and they really enjoyed it. Also Sometimes unis have BA equivalent courses which have lower maths requirements. It’s annoying they can’t over look your GCSEs
Tashax2
Rep:
?
(Original post by Mkbedford)
Ohhh that’s really cool, honestly find a course your happy with and go for it. If Leeds say you don’t need maths then that’s a great bet. I know quite a few people there and a few more going this year and they really enjoyed it. Also Sometimes unis have BA equivalent courses which have lower maths requirements. It’s annoying they can’t over look your GCSEs
I know I wish they could but I’m doing access to Leeds and they accept a grade 4 and I meet the a level requirements so hopefully
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What factors affect your mental health the most right now?

Anxiousness about lockdown easing (76)
4.73%
Uncertainty around my education (246)
15.3%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (175)
10.88%
Lack of purpose or motivation (227)
14.12%
Lack of support system (eg. teachers, counsellors, delays in care) (71)
4.42%
Impact of lockdown on physical health (95)
5.91%
Loneliness (140)
8.71%
Financial worries (57)
3.54%
Concern about myself or my loves ones getting/having been ill (72)
4.48%
Exposure to negative news/social media (79)
4.91%
Lack of real life entertainment (85)
5.29%
Lack of confidence in making big life decisions (138)
8.58%
Worry about missed opportunities during the pandemic (147)
9.14%

Watched Threads