how is everyone going about their EPQs?

Watch this thread
Ella101942
Badges: 8
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hi,
So I have decided to do an EPQ this year, but I'm not really sure where to start. My draft of the introduction is supposed to be in on March 5th,and I'm panicking because I'm not really sure where to start. Is anyone else having the same issue?
Anita0211
Badges: 8
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 year ago
Hi there! I am in Yr 13, almost finished with my EPQ. I had the same problem as you in Yr 12, had no idea what to write for my intro. Just start by thinking of the basic arguments for your topic. Then extended them: what is the history of this debate? Has there been any major events to do with it? Think about any key words that you already know that are to do with the topic and jot them down. You need to think carefully about the details now. How are you gonna present each side of the debate?
Include lots of sentences like 'I will be discussing....', 'This will be further explored later in this dissertation...', etc. etc.
Let me tell you about my project as an example... I don't know what subject you do, but mine was around Nature vs. Nurture and depression. So in my intro, I talked about what depression is, how it affects people, symptoms, and then the treatments, as well as introducing the Nature vs. Nurture debate, where it started, why it is important, etc. I planned the sections I was gonna write about: brain structure, the rates of depression around the world, even a case study.
Once you've done all that, go and research. See what you can find on the topic. Start easy, simple websites should be fine. I looked on the NHS website for info about depression and then added citations. I watched some TEDtalks about the Nature vs. Nurture debate and added those in. Sprinkle these around the sentences about what your dissertation will include, and you'll be golden! All the best my friend!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

How confident are you that you'll achieve the grades you need to get into your firm uni?

I think I've exceeded the grades for my university offer (15)
15.46%
I think I've met the grades for my university offer (25)
25.77%
I think I've missed the grades for my university offer (53)
54.64%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (4)
4.12%

Watched Threads