The Student Room Group

York vs Sussex for master in Marketing

I am an international student, and have offers from York and Sussex.

Both of modules are perfect for me, so I cannot decide which uni I should go to.

Which one is good for future career in the UK?
I am curious about career support and employability rate.

If you were me, which uni do you choose?
(edited 3 years ago)
I would pick sussex, Now, York is definitely more of a posh, higher class uni. But also as your international that comes with racism. Sussex is much more diverse. Also, York is a Russell Group Uni, so it is overall a 'better uni'. But if you look specifically at marketing, Sussex is much higher than Uni on the league table for marketing. Check it out for yourself here. https://www.thecompleteuniversityguide.co.uk/league-tables/rankings/marketing
Also, areas. York is essentially in the middle of nowhere, so if you want to be closer to the city and have more access to services etc, Sussex, If you wanna go to a presitigous uni, York.
Reply 2
Original post by biosociobus
I would pick sussex, Now, York is definitely more of a posh, higher class uni. But also as your international that comes with racism. Sussex is much more diverse. Also, York is a Russell Group Uni, so it is overall a 'better uni'. But if you look specifically at marketing, Sussex is much higher than Uni on the league table for marketing. Check it out for yourself here. https://www.thecompleteuniversityguide.co.uk/league-tables/rankings/marketing
Also, areas. York is essentially in the middle of nowhere, so if you want to be closer to the city and have more access to services etc, Sussex, If you wanna go to a presitigous uni, York.

Thank you for your helpful advice!!

Is the ranking by the field important for job hunting in the UK?

Actually the overall ranking of York is higher than Sussex, while the marketing course in Sussex is higher than York.
I really wanna get a job in the UK, so I am curious about importance of the ranking by the field.
Original post by Doonta
Thank you for your helpful advice!!

Is the ranking by the field important for job hunting in the UK?

Actually the overall ranking of York is higher than Sussex, while the marketing course in Sussex is higher than York.
I really wanna get a job in the UK, so I am curious about importance of the ranking by the field.

id guess they dont really have ratings of rankings, so no. So if you asked a person, oo whats better, sussex or york, they would answer York
Reply 4
Original post by biosociobus
id guess they dont really have ratings of rankings, so no. So if you asked a person, oo whats better, sussex or york, they would answer York

Thank you so much!!

Your advice was so helpful for me. I will consider again!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending