normani
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
Hello everyone I hope you are all well.
I was concerned whether any else dealt with similar thing, basically I started a course healthcare related with Learn direct and I’m no longer interested in the course as I am having difficulties communicating with my tutor and the lack of support that I am getting from the course. I was in contact with Learn direct and wanting to cancel my course and they said because they have a 14 days policy agreement which I have signed( don’t remember agreeing to it) I cannot cancel my course and therefore I have to complete this academic year with Learn direct. I honestly feel like the policy is very unnecessary because anything can happen to A person and for ever reason that person should have the rights to cancel the course whenever he/she wants. Sorry for the rant 😉
AllisonFyfe
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by normani)
Hello everyone I hope you are all well.
I was concerned whether any else dealt with similar thing, basically I started a course healthcare related with Learn direct and I’m no longer interested in the course as I am having difficulties communicating with my tutor and the lack of support that I am getting from the course. I was in contact with Learn direct and wanting to cancel my course and they said because they have a 14 days policy agreement which I have signed( don’t remember agreeing to it) I cannot cancel my course and therefore I have to complete this academic year with Learn direct. I honestly feel like the policy is very unnecessary because anything can happen to A person and for ever reason that person should have the rights to cancel the course whenever he/she wants. Sorry for the rant 😉
I tried to cancel within the 14 days but they refused because I logged on and looked at the material despite not completing it. I had contacted them within 2 days of seeing it... and explained non of the uni' accepted this in scotland ... still wouldn't cancel it
issawrap
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
Dealt with exactly the same thing and wanted to leave the course for the exact same reasons. Stonebridge is a fraud college.

Trust me - do not give them a single penny despite all the threats they try to send you. Make it clear to them that you will not be paying anything because you did not receive the service that you paid for, which includes support and adequate tutor communication throughout your course.

I'm telling you this from experience. They threatened me with calls, emails and letters for months and months saying 'final warning' and that they'll take me to court and that debt collectors will come to my house if I don't pay… guess what happened? It's now probably been over a year where they've stopped contacting me and not a single debt collector came to my door.

Do not be afraid of their threats. They're a bunch of scammers who are just trying to grab as much money as they can and they'll use your fear to do so. Make it clear to them from the beginning that you won't be paying anything and then ignore all subsequent communication from them.

By the way, to anyone reading this who is considering doing a course with Stonebridge, all their good reviews on Trustpilot are fake. Read only the negative ones.
nmpx
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by issawrap)
Dealt with exactly the same thing and wanted to leave the course for the exact same reasons. Stonebridge is a fraud college.

Trust me - do not give them a single penny despite all the threats they try to send you. Make it clear to them that you will not be paying anything because you did not receive the service that you paid for, which includes support and adequate tutor communication throughout your course.

I'm telling you this from experience. They threatened me with calls, emails and letters for months and months saying 'final warning' and that they'll take me to court and that debt collectors will come to my house if I don't pay… guess what happened? It's now probably been over a year where they've stopped contacting me and not a single debt collector came to my door.

Do not be afraid of their threats. They're a bunch of scammers who are just trying to grab as much money as they can and they'll use your fear to do so. Make it clear to them from the beginning that you won't be paying anything and then ignore all subsequent communication from them.

By the way, to anyone reading this who is considering doing a course with Stonebridge, all their good reviews on Trustpilot are fake. Read only the negative ones.
Omg! I’ve been having the same issue/problem
I’ve been so worried about all this, scared even! I never should’ve trusted them! I was in tears within the last 4 months just because I wanted a better education so I can get into nursing...
These guys have threatened myself and my mum, with calls, texts and emails and I honestly don’t know who to go to...

Thank you for writing this! Thank goodness i wasn’t the only one
issawrap
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by nmpx)
Omg! I’ve been having the same issue/problem
I’ve been so worried about all this, scared even! I never should’ve trusted them! I was in tears within the last 4 months just because I wanted a better education so I can get into nursing...
These guys have threatened myself and my mum, with calls, texts and emails and I honestly don’t know who to go to...

Thank you for writing this! Thank goodness i wasn’t the only one
Don't worry! Just make it clear to them for one last time that you won't be paying them a penny (with reasons - i.e. didn't get the service you paid for) and threaten to sue them if they continue harassing you and your family. After that, ignore all communication from them.

Something is very clear here. If they are in the right, why have so many people who signed up with them reported the exact same issue, which ends with them harassing people?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How do you prefer to get careers advice?

I like to speak to my friends and family (8)
10.39%
I like to do my own research online using careers specific websites (50)
64.94%
I like speaking to the careers advisors at school, college or uni (11)
14.29%
I prefer to listen watch videos or listen to podcasts of people in my chosen career (7)
9.09%
Something else (let us know in the thread) (1)
1.3%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise