Learndirect —- Stonebridge college

Watch this thread
normani
Badges: 8
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hello everyone I hope you are all well.
I was concerned whether any else dealt with similar thing, basically I started a course healthcare related with Learn direct and I’m no longer interested in the course as I am having difficulties communicating with my tutor and the lack of support that I am getting from the course. I was in contact with Learn direct and wanting to cancel my course and they said because they have a 14 days policy agreement which I have signed( don’t remember agreeing to it) I cannot cancel my course and therefore I have to complete this academic year with Learn direct. I honestly feel like the policy is very unnecessary because anything can happen to A person and for ever reason that person should have the rights to cancel the course whenever he/she wants. Sorry for the rant 😉
AllisonFyfe
Badges: 7
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by normani)
I was concerned whether any else dealt with similar thing, basically I started a course healthcare related with Learn direct and I’m no longer interested in the course as I am having difficulties communicating with my tutor and the lack of support that I am getting from the course. I was in contact with Learn direct and wanting to cancel my course and they said because they have a 14 days policy agreement which I have signed( don’t remember agreeing to it) I cannot cancel my course and therefore I have to complete this academic year with Learn direct. I honestly feel like the policy is very unnecessary because anything can happen to A person and for ever reason that person should have the rights to cancel the course whenever he/she wants. Sorry for the rant 😉
I tried to cancel within the 14 days but they refused because I logged on and looked at the material despite not completing it. I had contacted them within 2 days of seeing it... and explained non of the uni' accepted this in scotland ... still wouldn't cancel it
issawrap
Badges: 17
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
Dealt with exactly the same thing and wanted to leave the course for the exact same reasons. Stonebridge is a fraud college.

Trust me - do not give them a single penny despite all the threats they try to send you. Make it clear to them that you will not be paying anything because you did not receive the service that you paid for, which includes support and adequate tutor communication throughout your course.

I'm telling you this from experience. They threatened me with calls, emails and letters for months and months saying 'final warning' and that they'll take me to court and that debt collectors will come to my house if I don't pay… guess what happened? It's now probably been over a year where they've stopped contacting me and not a single debt collector came to my door.

Do not be afraid of their threats. They're a bunch of scammers who are just trying to grab as much money as they can and they'll use your fear to do so. Make it clear to them from the beginning that you won't be paying anything and then ignore all subsequent communication from them.

By the way, to anyone reading this who is considering doing a course with Stonebridge, all their good reviews on Trustpilot are fake. Read only the negative ones.
nmpx
Badges: 4
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by issawrap)
Dealt with exactly the same thing and wanted to leave the course for the exact same reasons. Stonebridge is a fraud college.

Trust me - do not give them a single penny despite all the threats they try to send you. Make it clear to them that you will not be paying anything because you did not receive the service that you paid for, which includes support and adequate tutor communication throughout your course.

I'm telling you this from experience. They threatened me with calls, emails and letters for months and months saying 'final warning' and that they'll take me to court and that debt collectors will come to my house if I don't pay… guess what happened? It's now probably been over a year where they've stopped contacting me and not a single debt collector came to my door.

Do not be afraid of their threats. They're a bunch of scammers who are just trying to grab as much money as they can and they'll use your fear to do so. Make it clear to them from the beginning that you won't be paying anything and then ignore all subsequent communication from them.

By the way, to anyone reading this who is considering doing a course with Stonebridge, all their good reviews on Trustpilot are fake. Read only the negative ones.
Omg! I’ve been having the same issue/problem
I’ve been so worried about all this, scared even! I never should’ve trusted them! I was in tears within the last 4 months just because I wanted a better education so I can get into nursing...
These guys have threatened myself and my mum, with calls, texts and emails and I honestly don’t know who to go to...

Thank you for writing this! Thank goodness i wasn’t the only one
issawrap
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by nmpx)
Omg! I’ve been having the same issue/problem
I’ve been so worried about all this, scared even! I never should’ve trusted them! I was in tears within the last 4 months just because I wanted a better education so I can get into nursing...
These guys have threatened myself and my mum, with calls, texts and emails and I honestly don’t know who to go to...

Thank you for writing this! Thank goodness i wasn’t the only one
Don't worry! Just make it clear to them for one last time that you won't be paying them a penny (with reasons - i.e. didn't get the service you paid for) and threaten to sue them if they continue harassing you and your family. After that, ignore all communication from them.

Something is very clear here. If they are in the right, why have so many people who signed up with them reported the exact same issue, which ends with them harassing people?
Lolatubs29
Badges: 3
Rep:
Report 9 months ago
Thanks for these review. Despite cancelling the course, they insist I change the course to another. All they want is my money, they don't care. I told them am not going to pay for a service I dnt want anymore. They are scam
lauralinford
Badges: 6
Rep:
Report 9 months ago
im studying with these. never had a problem before but the lack of support this time is appauling. regret it now and wish i had taken the degree route with OU
Sweet Libragirl
Badges: 2
Rep:
Report 8 months ago
They are indeed a bunch of greedy scamming crooks! I Reported them to the Federal Trade Commission and Trading Standards in the hope they get shut down. They keep conning people out of hard-earned cash!
Sweet Libragirl
Rep:
Report 8 months ago
(Original post by lauralinford)
im studying with these. never had a problem before but the lack of support this time is appauling. regret it now and wish i had taken the degree route with OU
That’s exactly why I’m leaving them! I have maths dyslexia (dyscalculia) and the tutor is not helpful. Her idea of helping is by posting the same material used for the tutorials!
JoshhPRKN
Badges: 1
Rep:
Report 7 months ago
I searched for "stonebridge won't let me cancel" to find reviews of like situations

They have been trying 2 months to pressure me in many form of communication, today I have had an email and text from two totally different employees telling me if I don't pay a debt recovery team will be sent, that is why I have came in search for similar experiences

I told them ages ago I would not be paying over the phone but the woman would not listen and kept repeating herself over and over and over, I could almost hear her smiling at me getting frustrated as she has to deal with the same thing many times a day, where people ring, try cancel, and she basically says no, no no over and over

I told them a final time today that I will not be paying a penny and that I almost guarentee I am bigger than any recovery team they send

I am 25 y/o man, 6ft 4" and 21 stone they will not be able to intimidate me like I am sure they do the vast majority

Like girls who can't defend themselves and are easily intimidated/know no better

They are disgusting scammers, like one guy above says, do not pay, tell them the reasons you will not be paying like you were lied to upon enrollment etc

Then block if possible all forms of contact from them by blocking emails, mobile numbers they text from etc

I am going to report them to trading standards also and any similar regulatory bodies, I hope they send their team honestly
Last edited by JoshhPRKN; 7 months ago
Sweet Libragirl
Rep:
Report 7 months ago
I have reported them to every investigative body you can think of! Bloody scamming scum!
issawrap
Rep:
Report 7 months ago
(Original post by JoshhPRKN)
I searched for "stonebridge won't let me cancel" to find reviews of like situations

They have been trying 2 months to pressure me in many form of communication, today I have had an email and text from two totally different employees telling me if I don't pay a debt recovery team will be sent, that is why I have came in search for similar experiences

I told them ages ago I would not be paying over the phone but the woman would not listen and kept repeating herself over and over and over, I could almost hear her smiling at me getting frustrated as she has to deal with the same thing many times a day, where people ring, try cancel, and she basically says no, no no over and over

I told them a final time today that I will not be paying a penny and that I almost guarentee I am bigger than any recovery team they send

I am 25 y/o man, 6ft 4" and 21 stone they will not be able to intimidate me like I am sure they do the vast majority

Like girls who can't defend themselves and are easily intimidated/know no better

They are disgusting scammers, like one guy above says, do not pay, tell them the reasons you will not be paying like you were lied to upon enrollment etc

Then block if possible all forms of contact from them by blocking emails, mobile numbers they text from etc

I am going to report them to trading standards also and any similar regulatory bodies, I hope they send their team honestly
Yep. Just wanted to reiterate to anyone reading this - do not feel threatened or pay them a single penny. It's been approx 2 years since I was with them and after their countless threats, emails, and letters saying debtors will be coming to my door and that I'll be taken to court...what happened? Nothing. They gave up with their lies and have stopped contacting me.

They can't even afford to take things to court, lol. In one of their threat letters they told me the solicitors they'll be using and they're rated like 2 stars on Google.
amyxzx
Rep:
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by normani)
Hi, they have a terms and conditions that you should have read before starting the course which is with most online colleges where you can cancel within a certain period of time. I understand your frustration but I’m pretty sure you can’t do anything after that 14 day window. I had the same situation with cloud learn as I wasn’t able to cancel my course with them but I cancelled the place I paid the fees with. The best thing to do is explain to them you aren’t able to pay and then if you refuse to pay I’m pretty sure they will just kick you of the course anyways. Hope this helps
nmpx
Badges: 4
Rep:
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by amyxzx)
Hi, they have a terms and conditions that you should have read before starting the course which is with most online colleges where you can cancel within a certain period of time. I understand your frustration but I’m pretty sure you can’t do anything after that 14 day window. I had the same situation with cloud learn as I wasn’t able to cancel my course with them but I cancelled the place I paid the fees with. The best thing to do is explain to them you aren’t able to pay and then if you refuse to pay I’m pretty sure they will just kick you of the course anyways. Hope this helps
Hi yes I’ve read them, but they’ve cancelled my course anyway due to the fact that I’ve missed one payment, I’ve rang them up and explained my side, explained to them that due to covid 19 I don’t have a job. They were not nice about it. They laughed on the other end.. and hang up. No there’s nothing I could do but they couldn’t help me any other way …
As customer and a student, I deserve help and respect. The threats and constant daily messages and email doesn’t help me at all.

But thank you for that…
Seeing on ofsted learn direct didn’t pass at all
Even if I paid then I still did not have access to my course 👍🏼👍🏼👍🏼 So it was a waste of my money
Sharnmm
Rep:
Report 4 months ago
I’m having the same issues with Stonebridge college. My daughter signed up to study A level Chemistry, Biology and English last year. The whole experience was terrible. Her work wasn’t being marked, we could never get through to customer service at all. Everyone says something different whenever we did get through. On top of all this, my daughter had to do the practicals for her sciences and exams which at the time of signing up they told us would be at a test centre no more than 25 miles away. Only to find out later that the centre was over 100 miles away and we had no car at the time. We stressed that fa t in the phone call prior to signing up and they lied. Now my daughter is being harassed by Stonebridge after leaving they’re pointless course for lack of support.
Sharnmm
Rep:
Report 4 months ago
I’m currently having the exact same issues with Stonebridge college. Can I get an update, are they still bothering you for payment? Is there anyone on her who they’ve actually taken to court for defaulting on a loan?
annemariekj
Rep:
Report 4 months ago
I'm currently studying with learn direct on the health and social care and I find them really good. Little slow on communication and marking, but they have been well, I feel like it's totally worth it if your a parent or carer, and you don't have time to go back to college or it isn't just suitable.
I'm sorry most have had bad experience, but mine has been good and very helpful!
Peteod
Badges: 3
Rep:
Report 2 months ago
Learn direct are not registered with the fca. I have reported the to the fca. The are not authorised to give anyone any loans. They legally can not provide credit. I am positive no credit agreement was signed. They call it a payment plan. I am pissed off enough that i am now going to take these scumbags to court. We will let a judge decide. If anyone else wants to tag along, the more the merrier.
Last edited by Peteod; 2 months ago
Lxloo01
Rep:
Report 2 months ago
I signed up with them in Dec for a £2000 course. Started the work at the beginning of Jan. My first assignment went unmarked for over two weeks and after 6 weeks of being with them I didn't get the professional membership that was part of the course and therefore both of these issues prevented me from progressing with my next assignment and held me up. They ignored my emails and took two weeks to respond but by that time I'd had enough of being ignored and lost hope the course was fit for purpose. Assignments should be marked in 5 days! I raised a section 75 dispute with my credit card company for the deposit and first monthly payment I'd made and cancelled my card so they couldn't take the next payment. My credit card company are still investigating for me and I'm being threatened by Learndirect every two days at least (the threats started 3 days after the 2nd payment wasn't made). What my credit company said is Learndirect are not registered with the FCA and therefore cannot provide loans or credit. What they offer is installment plans. I am in the process of reporting them to as many places as possible and I'm liaising with Citizens Advice.
From what i saw of the coursework it was very poor compared to the Open University standards. I'm in disbelief this company is still running.
Last edited by Lxloo01; 2 months ago
Lxloo01
Rep:
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by Sharnmm)
I’m having the same issues with Stonebridge college. My daughter signed up to study A level Chemistry, Biology and English last year. The whole experience was terrible. Her work wasn’t being marked, we could never get through to customer service at all. Everyone says something different whenever we did get through. On top of all this, my daughter had to do the practicals for her sciences and exams which at the time of signing up they told us would be at a test centre no more than 25 miles away. Only to find out later that the centre was over 100 miles away and we had no car at the time. We stressed that fa t in the phone call prior to signing up and they lied. Now my daughter is being harassed by Stonebridge after leaving they’re pointless course for lack of support.
I have posted below. I will update the outcome of my credit card claim. If you paid by credit card you could try a section 75 dispute if the course wasn't as sold and they're not marking on time. Essentially the course is not as advertised.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA GCSE English Language Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (77)
19.01%
The paper was reasonable (152)
37.53%
Not feeling great about that exam... (114)
28.15%
It was TERRIBLE (62)
15.31%

Watched Threads