The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

UCL Developmental Psychology and Clinical Practice

Hi, I'm just wondering if anyone has received a response from UCL for the Developmental Psychology and Clinical Practice MSc yet? I applied back in November and still haven't heard anything from them except for one email where they apologised for taking so long!
Also, if any current / past students on this programme are reading this, how long did it take you to receive a decision? And what was your interview like?
Thanks!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by ayylmao100
Hi, I'm just wondering if anyone has received a response from UCL for the Developmental Psychology and Clinical Practice MSc yet? I applied back in November and still haven't heard anything from them except for one email where they apologised for taking so long!
Also, if any current / past students on this programme are reading this, how long did it take you to receive a decision? And what was your interview like?
Thanks!

The status on my applicant portal reads: 'Your references have been received and your application has been initially assessed...etc'. Does this suggest that I'll receive an offer to interview?
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Hi there. I applied to the MRes in Developmental Neuroscience and Psychopathology, which is under the same department. I have not heard anything yet, but it is my knowledge that they will wait until the end of the application deadline (for my program is February 22nd) and then begin reviewing. My application says "Your references have been received and your application has been initially assessed...etc"; I don't think unfortunately this means that we will receive an interview offer. I believe it just implies the application material is complete and sufficient, but I hope I am wrong, ahah! Good luck to you.
Thanks!

Hi!
I applied for this programme too, mid November. I didn't receive the apology mail, and that's causing me a lot of anxiety!
Reply 4
Just an update, I got an email a few days ago that said:

'Thank you for your application to the MSc Developmental Psychology and Clinical Practice at the Anna Freud Centre National Centre for Children and Families/UCL. Your application is currently under consideration.
If you are invited for interview, we will be in contact with you in due course. Interviews will be taking place via Zoom on the weeks commencing 15th and 22nd March 2021.'

Did anyone else receive this message? I'm a little confused as to why it was sent to me, it doesn't give any new info about my application!
(edited 3 years ago)
Hi there, I received the same email on last Friday. I was really confused too, so I searched last year applicants posts and I guess its literally meaning that the application is under consideration. I haven't received any further email after this... Let's keep our fingers crossed!
So I didn’t get this email, however when I emailed them asking for an update, this is the response I got
Reply 7
Hi, I'm just wondering if anyone's heard back? Interviews are due to take place in the coming weeks and I'm not sure whether I should be preparing anything!
Reply 8
Guess I spoke too soon - I've just received an offer to interview!! :biggrin: Does anybody have any ideas as to what this will involve?
Reply 9
Congratulations! I applied for the same course but sadly have not got an email..Do you mind sharing what your background is?
Reply 10
Original post by Aanmk
Congratulations! I applied for the same course but sadly have not got an email..Do you mind sharing what your background is?

Thank you! Sorry to hear that they haven’t got back to you yet, hopefully you’ll get some good news soon!

As for my background, I assume you mean academic? In short, I’m currently a third year psychology BSc student at Royal Holloway, University of London. I have some experience working with young people as well as some research lab experience. Let me know if that answers your question / if you’d like more detail?
I received an interview invitation too!
Reply 12
Original post by Anonymous
I received an interview invitation too!

That’s great!! Congratulations 😁
Reply 13
That’s great!! Congratulations 😁

Hey, can I ask you when you submitted your application? I've also applied to the same program but I still haven't heard back from them. I am just curious whether the invitation for the interview is sent out to everyone at the same time or based on the order of the applications.
Reply 14
Original post by soobean
Hey, can I ask you when you submitted your application? I've also applied to the same program but I still haven't heard back from them. I am just curious whether the invitation for the interview is sent out to everyone at the same time or based on the order of the applications.

Hi, I submitted my application in late November but I don’t think they actually received it until a couple of weeks later, something to do with payment processing. I hope you hear back soon! 🤞🏻 Have you checked your applicant portal in the meantime?
Reply 15
Hi, I submitted my application in late November but I don’t think they actually received it until a couple of weeks later, something to do with payment processing. I hope you hear back soon! 🤞🏻 Have you checked your applicant portal in the meantime?

Hi! Thank you for your reply :smile: I submitted my application at the end of January so right before the deadline. I did have a look at the applicant portal and it still says "assessment under review". I might send the admissions an email and see what they say. Thank you for your help though!
Has anyone also applied for MSc Early Child Development and Clinical Applications? Wondering if they’ve started sending interviews invitations yet
once we've recieved our interview time, is the only way to confirm it throuh replying to the email? or should we click/change something on the portal?
Reply 18
Original post by Lizzie Beth
once we've recieved our interview time, is the only way to confirm it throuh replying to the email? or should we click/change something on the portal?

Hi, I just replied to the email from Lauren Shum to confirm that my allocated slot worked for me and she replied to thank me for confirming, so I guess that’s all you need to do. Best of luck for your interview!
Reply 19
Btw if anyone’s wondering what the interview will involve, here’s what UCL told me when I asked if I needed to prepare anything:

‘The interviewers will ask about your previous experience in more detail, though you do not need to prepare anything specific.’

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending