Turn on thread page Beta

Environmentally friendly alternatives (girlie stuff) watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by viviki)
    Can't take the pill because of hormony stuff. It gives me high blood pressure, cramps, dizziness etc. and I don't want thrombosis either
    Same applies with the injection I think and I presume the coily thing that releases hormones. They told me I was best sticking with other methods of contraception anyway which suits me because I'd rather be safe.
    I have a few friends who also can't take the pill my one friend has a heart murmer and my other friends dad had a stroke at an early age so they took her off the pill. I think its great that they do take precautions but it is a nuisance sometimes.
    i was having very irregular periods for a few months...like a week of period every other week. the doctors didn't want to put me on any hormone treatment cos he said i'm still developing and didn't want the pills to have any negative effects on me. so there i was...having periods so often my PE teacher was hell suspicious...O WELL... :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    haha I rememeber people in my school using that excuse for swimming.
    One poor person was taken aside and given tampons and told that they could do it now (knowing that they lived close to the school so could just wlak back to get kit)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eurasianfeline)
    i was having very irregular periods for a few months...like a week of period every other week. the doctors didn't want to put me on any hormone treatment cos he said i'm still developing and didn't want the pills to have any negative effects on me. so there i was...having periods so often my PE teacher was hell suspicious...O WELL... :rolleyes:
    Thats what mine were like. Really long and irregular. I was in the pill from when I was 15 to 19 and then 20 - 21 (I think) but had so many problems with it we've given up now. It had good points, better skin, controlling my periods, gave me boobs. But had bad factors other than the reasons that I came off it, it made me put on about a stone and a half which is never good.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by viviki)
    Thats what mine were like. Really long and irregular. I was in the pill from when I was 15 to 19 and then 20 - 21 (I think) but had so many problems with it we've given up now. It had good points, better skin, controlling my periods, gave me boobs. But had bad factors other than the reasons that I came off it, it made me put on about a stone and a half which is never good.
    i had a friend who used to have MONTHS and MONTHS of continuous periods...and she got so anaemic she had to go on iron pills as well as the pill. that got her issue sorted out...but then...she now actually abuses it. well...she's changed a lot since she went to the States for high school. as a matter of fact i broke up with my ex cos of her. slut. but that's irrelevant here anyway.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by blissy)
    I thought I was the only person who hated tampons
    I severely dislike them. EEEEW and OWWWW

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by No Future)
    I severely dislike them. EEEEW and OWWWW
    have you ever tried the super slender ones? tampax has ones now created speciffically for teens.

ReputationRep:
    you can also get the lillets with added lubricant for light days. They are very very easy to put in.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by curryADD)
    have you ever tried the super slender ones? tampax has ones now created speciffically for teens.
    i find tampons painful too...mb i can try and secretly use the super slender ones...ummm...

somehow i'm kinda curious if any guys read this thread?? it would be hilarious to imagine their reactions haha.

ReputationRep:
    i find tampons painful too...mb i can try and secretly use the super slender ones...ummm...

somehow i'm kinda curious if any guys read this thread?? it would be hilarious to imagine their reactions haha.
    I think some of the people who have just posted that this thread is wrong are guys!! I reckon most are probably put off by the title though, they are warned right from the start that this is girlie stuff!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ditzy blonde)
    I think some of the people who have just posted that this thread is wrong are guys!! I reckon most are probably put off by the title though, they are warned right from the start that this is girlie stuff!!
    i think that fact that we had (girlie stuff) in the title actually got guys to look at this thread...haha :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    besides don't really think guys would have the guts to post here cos they'll be teased for 10 centuries...or mb i'm wrong haha

ReputationRep:
    I don't know why blokes get so grossed out about periods, they should read this thread and get a bit of an education!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ellie4)
    I don't know why blokes get so grossed out about periods, they should read this thread and get a bit of an education!
    agreed.

and guys always insult us that we're "pms-ing" when we get pissed off...it's like..."get over it!!"

ReputationRep:
    agreed.

and guys always insult us that we're "pms-ing" when we get pissed off...it's like..."get over it!!"
    Yeah, which for a lot of girls is a massive myth anyway. I've never had PMS! And they pretend to be so confused by periods, it's like, they're really not that complicated!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ellie4)
    Yeah, which for a lot of girls is a massive myth anyway. I've never had PMS! And they pretend to be so confused by periods, it's like, they're really not that complicated!
    smae here...i've never had pms / period pains. count myself lucky. but guys just can't come up with any better comeback than to insult us with that.

ReputationRep:
    You've never had PMS?!!! That is so unfair! I get it really bad Quite often end up going off school at least one day a month because of it. And that's just the physical pain. Hang around me then and you're liable to sonic blasts.

My exboyfriend did however not mind me saying "I'm hormonal! It's an excuse!" whenever I got *****y

(Original post by Luize)
    haha I rememeber people in my school using that excuse for swimming.
    One poor person was taken aside and given tampons and told that they could do it now (knowing that they lived close to the school so could just wlak back to get kit)
    Lol I'm so glad my PE teacher never tried that one! She was one for being open about periods and all that and usually embarassed/grossed out the whole class.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Acaila)
    You've never had PMS?!!! That is so unfair! I get it really bad Quite often end up going off school at least one day a month because of it. And that's just the physical pain. Hang around me then and you're liable to sonic blasts.
    My poor fluffy bunkins *huggle*

ReputationRep:
    {huggle}
    Huggles are the best thing for me! That, and snuggling up with a hot water bottle and duvet

Poll
Do you have a role model?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.