How can a Bengali from a Muslim family marry a Hindu Bengali

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
I am a Bengali girl who was never into Islam. Want to marry a cultured Bengali Hindu boy from West Bengal.
Final Fantasy
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I am a Bengali girl who was never into Islam. Want to marry a cultured Bengali Hindu boy from West Bengal.
What do you mean by 'cultured'? I keep seeing this term thrown around... what does it mean to be 'cultured' exactly?
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Final Fantasy)
What do you mean by 'cultured'? I keep seeing this term thrown around... what does it mean to be 'cultured' exactly?
In this context I mean a boy who is well versed in Bengali culture and other Indian cultures as well as knowledgable about global culture. Someone who is fluent in Bengali and also a few other Indian languages. Someone who knows the ins and outs of Bengali culture and is proud of it.

The main thing is that I don’t want to marry a Muslim. Even a Bengali Catholic from West Bengal I don’t mind. I just want to escape this miserable cycle. I don’t want some man to indoctrinate my kids the way my Muslim family tried to indoctrinate me and failed.
Final Fantasy
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
In this context I mean a boy who is well versed in Bengali culture and other Indian cultures as well as knowledgable about global culture. Someone who is fluent in Bengali and also a few other Indian languages. Someone who knows the ins and outs of Bengali culture and is proud of it.

The main thing is that I don’t want to marry a Muslim. Even a Bengali Catholic from West Bengal I don’t mind. I just want to escape this miserable cycle. I don’t want some man to indoctrinate my kids the way my Muslim family tried to indoctrinate me and failed.
Why are you limiting yourself to only West Bengal? Not trying to be rude but I think that's a bit narrow minded and backwards tbh. Isn't it enough that the candidate is well versed and knowledgable about these cultures, languages etc. but beyond that forges their own path in life?
Anonymous #2
Report 2 months ago
Hahahahaha what is this website coming to lmao
Anonymous #2
Report 2 months ago
Bare banttterr bantttssss on here ahahhahahahahahaha

What's the point of marrying a Bengali Hindu or a Muslim if its the same country and same race whats the difference
hamz.at
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago

U have generalised the whole muslim population because of your own toxic family.

Marry whoever you want. You shouldnt let your parents find a boy they like, cos its supposed to be your life.
Last edited by hamz.at; 2 months ago
Anonymous #1
Bare banttterr bantttssss on here ahahhahahahahahaha

What's the point of marrying a Bengali Hindu or a Muslim if its the same country and same race whats the difference
Because I will have more luck finding a Bengali Hindu in Kolkata than I will in Bangladesh. I am willing to go to Kolkata and offer British citizenship in exchange.
Anonymous #2
Report 2 months ago
Because I will have more luck finding a Bengali Hindu in Kolkata than I will in Bangladesh. I am willing to go to Kolkata and offer British citizenship in exchange.
How old are you? Why Hindu?
Anonymous #2
Report 2 months ago
What's the benefit over a Hindu spouse or a Muslim spouse? Same sort of traditions. Only difference is Hindu drink alcohol and has many gods and the other has one God and no alcohol?
Anonymous
Report 2 months ago
What's the benefit over a Hindu spouse or a Muslim spouse? Same sort of traditions. Only difference is Hindu drink alcohol and has many gods and the other has one God and no alcohol?
Because Hindus maintain original Hindu culture whereas Muslims have lost their culture to an Arab’s religion. Bengalis were originally Hindu/Buddhist.
Anonymous #3
Report 2 months ago
What do you want us to do about that?
Anonymous #2
Report 2 months ago
Because Hindus maintain original Hindu culture whereas Muslims have lost their culture to an Arab’s religion. Bengalis were originally Hindu/Buddhist.
Maybe... But what will you get from being a Hindu over Muslim. ... Seems both have their flaws
Anonymous #1
Maybe... But what will you get from being a Hindu over Muslim. ... Seems both have their flaws
Nothing is as bad as Islam
Anonymous #2
Report 2 months ago
Did you make the same thread called ashamed to be Pakistani just because they have an abusive father who forces them to wear a headscarf?

Are you half Bengali, half Pakistani?
hamz.at
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Did you make the same thread called ashamed to be Pakistani just because they have an abusive father who forces them to wear a headscarf?

Are you half Bengali, half Pakistani?
its haram itself to force someone to wear a headscarf:argh: .
hamz.at
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
no nothing is as bad as your toxic insecure family.
londonmyst
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
If you prefer to only date secular asian guys whose parents/grandparents/grandparents were of a specific caste and from a specific region- that is your choice.
I know some few atheists & secular social conservatives that have adopted these type of dealbreakers that restricts their dating pool to likeminded fellow asians of a specific nationality, caste, income level and professional background.
Have you considered widening your dating pool to include potentially compatible guys from mauritius, nepal, singapore and sri lanka?
Anonymous #4
Report 1 month ago
Don't have to drag Islam in your whine. Don't make it about religion please, it's rude, wasn't asked for and fuels Islamophobia as it generalises us.
sy!¡
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
lol what the **** do you want us to do? do you want us to go speak to your father?

go tell your family directly, like you have on here. what’s the worst he can do?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What factors affect your mental health the most right now?

Anxiousness about lockdown easing (166)
4.89%
Uncertainty around my education (498)
14.68%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (379)
11.17%
Lack of purpose or motivation (473)
13.94%
Lack of support system (eg. teachers, counsellors, delays in care) (164)
4.83%
Impact of lockdown on physical health (208)
6.13%
Loneliness (288)
8.49%
Financial worries (122)
3.6%
Concern about myself or my loves ones getting/having been ill (137)
4.04%
Exposure to negative news/social media (155)
4.57%
Lack of real life entertainment (186)
5.48%
Lack of confidence in making big life decisions (302)
8.9%
Worry about missed opportunities during the pandemic (315)
9.28%

Watched Threads