kd_11
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
I was recently offered a graduate job and have the option to study ACCA or ACA CTA joint programme.
Im pretty torn between the two, does anyone have any recommendation which one would be better?
MindMax2000
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
If you want to go into UK tax, then the CTA is the highest qualification you can get in the area. ACA is also a well regarded qualification in accounting, and I doubt you will have trouble finding work in the UK.

ACCA, whilst being less favourable to ACA (for reasons unknownst to me still, considering how similar they are), is more internationally accepted, and have lower entry requirements and a slightly lower grade boundaries to pass each module (I think).

You can still do a CTA after your ACCA as you would with an ACA.

If you're doing a joint program, then I suspect your study schedule will be intense.
kd_11
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
(Original post by MindMax2000)
If you want to go into UK tax, then the CTA is the highest qualification you can get in the area. ACA is also a well regarded qualification in accounting, and I doubt you will have trouble finding work in the UK.

ACCA, whilst being less favourable to ACA (for reasons unknownst to me still, considering how similar they are), is more internationally accepted, and have lower entry requirements and a slightly lower grade boundaries to pass each module (I think).

You can still do a CTA after your ACCA as you would with an ACA.

If you're doing a joint program, then I suspect your study schedule will be intense.
Than you v much for your reply!
Ive decided to go for the ACA CTA since there is the benefit of it being a double qualification and ACA is preferred in the UK
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Following the government's announcement, do you think you will be awarded a fair grade this year?

Yes (597)
49.18%
No (617)
50.82%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise