The Student Room Group

Royal Conservatoire of Scotland 2021

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by StudyingActing
Does anybody know roughly how long it takes to find out whether or not you’ve progressed to the third round? Many thanks!

It took them six days to get back to me after round 2, but I've been waiting two and a half weeks to hear back from round 3, so I think it varies. How long have you been waiting?
I'm still waiting to hear about round 2! I've had no communication despite submitting my material months ago.
Original post by we_defy_augury
Anyone applying to the MA heard anything back? I submitted my application just before the closing date, but was thinking they'd be a bit prompter than this, especially given that when they do in person auditions they decide on the day.

I'm still waiting to hear anything back, and I submitted months ago.
Does anybody know roughly how long it takes to find out whether or not you’ve progressed to the third round? Many thanks!

I’ve no idea, was going to ask the same thing! I’m kinda basing how long it’ll take for a reply off of the last time, when they emailed about round 2. They contacted me in mid March after the audition tape was sent in late January, so i have a feeling it could be a long wait again. x

Hey, I did my second round 6 weeks ago and they still havent replied. No idea how long theyll be :/
I got a BA Acting final recall invite for RCS today so if anyone is waiting on their 3rd round outcome then hopefully you should hear today/this week :smile:
Reply 26
Original post by Reushelders
I got a BA Acting final recall invite for RCS today so if anyone is waiting on their 3rd round outcome then hopefully you should hear today/this week :smile:

Hey I got one too!! When’s yours? x
Original post by mld99
Hey I got one too!! When’s yours? x

Well done! Mine is this Friday, you?
Reply 28
Well done! Mine is this Friday, you?

This Thursday
Reply 29
Hey, I’ve just had a Reserve offer for the BA Acting programme. Does anyone know whether everyone they want is being put in the reserve pool until they’ve seen everyone? Has anyone been made a guaranteed offer? I’ve e-mailed the school for clarification, but just wanted to see if anyone in here knew anything. x
I still haven't even heard back from my second round for rcs I did it like nearly 2 months ago. I am assuming it is a no but dont get why they woudn't just tell me already?
Reply 31
Original post by jemimahannahs
I still haven't even heard back from my second round for rcs I did it like nearly 2 months ago. I am assuming it is a no but dont get why they woudn't just tell me already?

So sorry, the waiting is horrible. Have you tried emailing them?
Original post by mld99
Hey, I’ve just had a Reserve offer for the BA Acting programme. Does anyone know whether everyone they want is being put in the reserve pool until they’ve seen everyone? Has anyone been made a guaranteed offer? I’ve e-mailed the school for clarification, but just wanted to see if anyone in here knew anything. x

Hey! I can only speak for myself but I got a guaranteed offer today. I was in the reserve pool last year. I think the way it works is that they send offers out and if anyone takes up an offer elsewhere then they go to the reserve pool.
Reply 33
Hey! I can only speak for myself but I got a guaranteed offer today. I was in the reserve pool last year. I think the way it works is that they send offers out and if anyone takes up an offer elsewhere then they go to the reserve pool.

Thanks and congratulations on your offer!!! x
Hey! I can only speak for myself but I got a guaranteed offer today. I was in the reserve pool last year. I think the way it works is that they send offers out and if anyone takes up an offer elsewhere then they go to the reserve pool.When

Congrats! When was your audition and when did you find out?
Original post by purpleplop
Congrats! When was your audition and when did you find out?

Thank you! I had my audition on Friday the 14th and got the offer on Monday the 17th. Pretty damn quick considering they said it might take 2-3 weeks to hear.
Thank you! I had my audition on Friday the 14th and got the offer on Monday the 17th. Pretty damn quick considering they said it might take 2-3 weeks to hear.

That's amazing for sure! I had my round 4 yesterday and got told the same, haven't heard anything yet or had much hope but feel If I was in I would've heard back today like yourself (and like I did last week the day after my Round 3)
Any other MA Musical Theatre Performance students have their recall today? During the dance audition, the instructor said that we would hear results on Monday. Does that sound right?
Reply 38

Congrats! Xx
Can I ask if the 4th round was just an interview?
During my 3rd round we were told we might have to prepare another monologue.
Original post by laulz
Congrats! Xx
Can I ask if the 4th round was just an interview?
During my 3rd round we were told we might have to prepare another monologue.

Hey! Thank you. This was the exact wording of the audition invite:

“You will be asked to perform one monologue of your choosing. This can either be a monologue which you have not yet performed or you can choose to perform a monologue which you have already performed at one of the previous rounds. This is completely your decision.”

I done a new monologue for mine. The interview took up the majority of the audition.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending