A level options

Watch this thread
Anonymous182
Badges: 8
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hi, I’d like to study politics at uni and I’m finalising choosing my a-level subjects now but I’m having trouble with one of my options. I really want to do maths and further maths at a level but as I have chosen to do politics, I can’t do further maths because of timetabling issues. But, if I take economics instead of politics then I should be able to study further maths. Ive looked on entry requirements for unis and I know that I don’t need to take politics a level to do the uni courses but Im still unsure on what I should do. any advice would be very appreciated. Thank you so much for reading :-)
Olamidexo
Badges: 9
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 year ago
I would say do what you enjoy. As you said, politics A Level isn't a requirement to study it at University. By studying further maths, you're doing something you enjoy but also something that is held in high esteem by many institutions regardless of your profession. You are also opening many doors of opportunity by branching out. I know some Universities don't even advise choosing politics A level as the two qualifications are wave lengths apart and prefer you to come to University with a fresh mind. In economics you will learn the basics of politics anyway so you won't be completely alien. I hope this helps
Anonymous182
Badges: 8
Rep:
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
(Original post by Olamidexo)
I would say do what you enjoy. As you said, politics A Level isn't a requirement to study it at University. By studying further maths, you're doing something you enjoy but also something that is held in high esteem by many institutions regardless of your profession. You are also opening many doors of opportunity by branching out. I know some Universities don't even advise choosing politics A level as the two qualifications are wave lengths apart and prefer you to come to University with a fresh mind. In economics you will learn the basics of politics anyway so you won't be completely alien. I hope this helps
Thank you so much for your advice! It really has helped a lot.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Has advance information helped during your exams?

Yes (59)
66.29%
No (23)
25.84%
I didn't use it to prepare (7)
7.87%

Watched Threads