The Student Room Group

A-Level Biology Improvement

I wonder if anyone can help.

I'm a second year A-Level student. My favourite subject is biology. I always prefer sitting a final assessment as I always do better in them than generic classwork, so the cancellation of the A-Levels does not help me very much.

Furthermore, my degree courses require me to get an A in biology, but I am currently stuck on a B. The major issue is the grade boundaries. Despite the actual exam placing an A* at 66%, my college places A* at 90% and A at 80%. I tend to be around 73-75% in each of my assessments.

I am starting to panic as I cannot push my grade up those final few percent. I believe my issue lies in application rather than content knowledge, but despite spending months doing practice questions, I cannot get the extra few percent I need.

Does anyone have any advice, as at the moment I am panicking as to whether I will be going to university or not
I dont know if youve done this yet but look at your specification often!! This can be really helpful! Watching youtube videos can also be of use
What is your exam board?
Edexcel A : Salters Nuffield
Original post by Crimson7777777
I wonder if anyone can help.

I'm a second year A-Level student. My favourite subject is biology. I always prefer sitting a final assessment as I always do better in them than generic classwork, so the cancellation of the A-Levels does not help me very much.

Furthermore, my degree courses require me to get an A in biology, but I am currently stuck on a B. The major issue is the grade boundaries. Despite the actual exam placing an A* at 66%, my college places A* at 90% and A at 80%. I tend to be around 73-75% in each of my assessments.

I am starting to panic as I cannot push my grade up those final few percent. I believe my issue lies in application rather than content knowledge, but despite spending months doing practice questions, I cannot get the extra few percent I need.

Does anyone have any advice, as at the moment I am panicking as to whether I will be going to university or not

Hey,

Firstly, it's important not to panic as you are doing really well. We understand it can be very overwhelming however the key thing to remember when it comes to A-level biology is the importance of the spec. There is great information on how to apply your knowledge to gain full marks. Regardless, we know it can be tough. If you would like some extra help check us out at kilotutors.co.uk. We have some expert tutors who would love to help you out :smile:

Regards

Quick Reply