Azuree
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 months ago
I've got an offer for media, communication and cultural studies at Newcastle University this year and I'm wondering what the course etc is like? Does anyone know if Newcastle is a good choice for media ? My other strong option is northumbria
Newcastle University
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
(Original post by Azuree)
I've got an offer for media, communication and cultural studies at Newcastle University this year and I'm wondering what the course etc is like? Does anyone know if Newcastle is a good choice for media ? My other strong option is northumbria
Hi Azuree,

It's great to hear you're interested in our Media, Communication and Cultural Studies programme

I actually studied Journalism, Media and Culture at Newcastle which includes a lot of joint modules with our Media programme. I personally preferred a lot of the media modules so my degree pathway ended up being more media-related than practical journalism. Overall, I really loved my course. It has such a broad range of modules on contemporary theoretical topics mixed with exciting and new practical digital elements. I found the lecturers super helpful and really engaging too, they really made the topics come to life There are also tons of interesting modules for example 'Advertising and Consumption', 'Magazine Publishing', 'Popular Music and Media', 'Race, Culture and Identity' and 'Fashion, Communication and Culture'... the list goes on! You can find more about these here. One of my favourite things about the programme was the flexibility to choose modules and there really are so many to choose from!

Of course, this is just my opinion but you can always chat to current students via our Unibuddy platform too! Here you can connect to a range of students studying Media and beyond and ask them anything about studying with us, living in Newcastle, social life and much more. Plus, our Media, Communications and Culture is ranked 3rd in the UK by the Complete University Guide 2021 and top 20 in the UK – The Times/Sunday Times Good University Guide 2021.

Hope this helps! If you have any further questions, just ask
Laura
SamusUK131
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
The rep won't tell you this but, Northumbria is a joke. Go to Newcastle.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Has your education been disrupted this academic year due to the pandemic?

Yes (2)
100%
No (0)
0%

Watched Threads